The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Haven't come across a single bug tbh. Any bugs that have been highlighted in reviews have not been game-breaking bugs, just minor ones.

I wish I could be a loveable racist too :daydreaming:
Are there any sniper rifles in this game?
I've been playing for the last five hours, and outside of the intro, I've literally only killed a single wolf.

I love how every NPC is named and has some sort of backstory. I was afraid Bethesda was going to go the Fallout 3 route and populate the cities with generic characters like 'Riverwood Resident'.
Awesome game. Can't wait to spend some quality time on it.

Went to the oxford st launch and got some freebies; also got to play it asap :biggrin:
Original post by Magnanimity
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting Skyrim tomorrow! Only thing being I haven't played many RPGs, Fable is probably about the most hardcore I've gone :P Would someone pretty new to the genre be able to make sense of it/enjoy it? I'm off sick from work until at least January so I have plenty of time and want to get addicted to something to take my mind off things :P

What did you like or dislike about Fable?

If you're new to Western RPGs, you're not going to have a lot of trouble with Skyrim. The biggest thing to get over will probably be the lack of a solid direction. You're thrust into this gigantic world and are free to do anything, go anywhere and be anyone. That always puts off people who are used to 'linear' games. But that's one of the things which makes it highly addictive and immersive.

I would definitely recommend checking out some gameplay videos on Youtube to get an idea of what it involves.
Original post by Facticity
No you're not. You're free to be and join whoever you want and it won't affect the story. Don't bother starting again as the difference will be negligible.

Phew, thanks I thought I'd have to be an Imperial chump for the rest of the game. :tongue:
Reply 2206
I have not got the game yet, but I've got a quick question. Does the the game follow the typical Elder Scrolls fashion and provide a printed map with the packaging? I am a huge fan of those maps.
Reply 2207
Original post by Tizmo
I have not got the game yet, but I've got a quick question. Does the the game follow the typical Elder Scrolls fashion and provide a printed map with the packaging? I am a huge fan of those maps.

I got a physical map on like, paper that was made to look like parchment.

Not sure if this is standard however. :clap2:
Reply 2208
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Crouch + arrows + daggers + poison + light armour + lockpicks + speech

I always found Argonians and Bosmer/Wood Elves to be the best sleuthers, Wood Elves because they're the best archers and Argonians because they can spend infinite time underwater and can regenerate if they get spotted and engaged in combat. Bretons are excellent stealth mages, as well. Stealth is also about being able to talk your way past confrontations, avoiding detection altogether, and higher speech will also let you get more for the extra loot that you can bag without cumbersome heavy armour and weapons. Use poison on your weapons to increase their efficacy.

Just a curiosity, if skills are leveled by performing them how do you level up "speech"? surely all characters do a similar amount of speaking...
Original post by Hanvyj
Just a curiosity, if skills are leveled by performing them how do you level up "speech"? surely all characters do a similar amount of speaking...

Speech is levelled when you sell things I think.
Original post by Hanvyj

Buying and selling things contributes towards your speech level.
Reply 2211
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Buying and selling things contributes towards your speech level.

I see, I guess a thief might have more things to sell, from stealing...
How come when I go to a town everyone attacks me?!
Original post by G8D
The voice actor for Farengar is really bad.

Also Irileth runs like a spaz.

It's good so far though.

Terence Stamp's Mankar Camoran. :coma:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
How come when I go to a town everyone attacks me?!

Have you stolen/attacked anyone without going to jail/ paying bail?
Original post by unknown681
Have you stolen/attacked anyone without going to jail/ paying bail?

Yeh, how do I pay or go to prison? What happens in prison?
Reply 2216
Original post by wibletg
I got a physical map on like, paper that was made to look like parchment.

Not sure if this is standard however. :clap2:

Do you have the standard version of the game? If not, I would be very disappointed if the regular version of the game does not have a physical map.
Reply 2217
Original post by Tizmo
Do you have the standard version of the game? If not, I would be very disappointed if the regular version of the game does not have a physical map.

Yup :smile:

Mine has 'Physical Map inside' written on the box, so maybe you might want to watch out for that :biggrin:
Original post by wibletg
Yup :smile:

Mine has 'Physical Map inside' written on the box, so maybe you might want to watch out for that :biggrin:

All copies should come with at least a paper map.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Yeh, how do I pay or go to prison? What happens in prison?

Don't drop the soap, or whatever they had in those days. :tongue:.
If you let the guards catch you, you can choose to attack/ go prison.

Quick Reply

Latest