i got an offer from Lancaster today! woo! (see sig) :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Superchris1987
i got an offer from Lancaster today! woo! (see sig) :biggrin:

I've done a couple of modules from that department (I'm doing BSc Business Studies), really enjoyed them. Are you considering the Lancaster offer? You've done pretty well to get most of your offers so quickly :biggrin:
Reply 22
ive applied and got an offer for Biological Sciences with a year in North America/Australasia

yay!
LauraB84
I've done a couple of modules from that department (I'm doing BSc Business Studies), really enjoyed them. Are you considering the Lancaster offer? You've done pretty well to get most of your offers so quickly :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: ! Yeah, i'd say Lancaster is definitely in my top 2. my mate goes there (law school) and he says its a great place
Originally Posted by Rose_Greenthumb
Thanks! You see, even though it's perhaps not my favourite course, the friendliness of people like you really does tempt me!

Aww! :smile: The people here are generally friendly, as a rule. Seriously, even if it's not your favourite, don't rule it out until you've been to the open day! I know I wasn't overly keen before that but then the open day totally sold it to me.

Where else have you applied?
Thanks! You see, even though it's perhaps not my favourite course, the friendliness of people like you really does tempt me!

Aww! :smile: The people here are generally friendly, as a rule. Seriously, even if it's not your favourite, don't rule it out until you've been to the open day! I know I wasn't overly keen before that but then the open day totally sold it to me.

If your coming to campus take a walk around approx 10 to the hour to really get a feel of the place, walk into Alex square (the main square in the centre of campus) its always packed at that time as its the end of lectures ( they only last 50mins) so people are moving around places. (or queing forever to get a cheap Greggs pastie :smile: )
LittleMiss
If your coming to campus take a walk around approx 10 to the hour to really get a feel of the place, walk into Alex square (the main square in the centre of campus) its always packed at that time as its the end of lectures ( they only last 50mins) so people are moving around places. (or queing forever to get a cheap Greggs pastie :smile: )

Completely agree! I would definately advise anyone who's considering to come to Lancaster to have a look around in term time so you can get a proper feel for the place.

Also don't do what I did and walk miles around the perimeter road! Lancaster is a campus university and has a road running all the way around it. However if you go onto the main campus (by using one of the many 'avenues' linking onto the campus area) then you save yourself a lot of walking and actually see the university!

Best thing to do is when you arrive take the main road up to the University, take the right hand turning at the roundabout (at the top of the hill) and park at the sports centre. This will lead you into the main campus very nicely!
Retardchar

Cambridge, St Andrews, York and Durham. It's actually up there with my favourite, it had a nice feel to it (even if I do think I'm not such a campus person!). I had a letter today offering me ÂŁ1000 a year too if I get AAA and accept them as my firm choice...
Rose_Greenthumb
I've applied and got an offer from Lancaster to do English Literature.

Good choice! I'm in my final year, studying English Lit and Music.
Reply 31
Rose_Greenthumb
Cambridge, St Andrews, York and Durham. It's actually up there with my favourite, it had a nice feel to it (even if I do think I'm not such a campus person!). I had a letter today offering me ÂŁ1000 a year too if I get AAA and accept them as my firm choice...

I think you should come to Lancaster so that I can woo you with my manly charm and then slyly pilfer your dough :smile:
Reply 32
Rose_Greenthumb

I think you should come to Lancaster so that I can woo you with my manly charm and then slyly pilfer your dough :smile:
Reply 33
ÂŁ1000 a year would come in very useful.
Lenneh

I knew there was a reason you people were so nice!

And yes, it would be jolly useful - think of all the shoes! I'm not convinced I'll get three As mind, I'm having HUGE issues with a teacher in one of my subjects. I swear I'll be bald before too long with all this stress!
Reply 35
Anyone applied for Media and Cultural Studies?? I have - it's my first choice :smile: Probably won't even get an offer though! lol.

Does anyone know what the chances of getting onto the two other courses (in the first year) that you want to are? I really want to do it with English Language and Linguistics!
hailz202
Anyone applied for Media and Cultural Studies?? I have - it's my first choice :smile: Probably won't even get an offer though! lol.

Does anyone know what the chances of getting onto the two other courses (in the first year) that you want to are? I really want to do it with English Language and Linguistics!

How do you mean? Do you mean will lancaster accept you on two courses at the same time? If so yes as they accepted me on Management degree and Business degree last year.

Or do you mean will you get the choose to study english lang and ling with your media? In which case you may be able to, most degree schemes allow you to take one unit which is not in your subject area.
Reply 37
the second one! You know how you take your main subject and in the first year you take two minors aswell. I was wondering if people normally get onto the two they want to get on to!

h
well normally they do. I havent heard of anyone who hasnt. But you generally only take one which could be outside of your department.
Reply 39
ok thanks :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending