The Student Room Group

Asking Gp for endoscopy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Helenia
Do I want to know?
A trial of TTFO. :tongue:
Reply 41
Why should I f* off? that has really offended me.
Sounds like you've had a rough time, OP.

Hope you/Drs manage to get things sorted.
Original post by dairygirl224
Jamie- thanks for posting, but my gp and casualty dr saud I am bleeding somewhere as my levels were so low. Thats why i said i MUST. Be bleeding

Well they are both wrong.
You can be anaemic because you are not absorbing enough iron, b12 or folate. or a mixture of all.
Reply 44
Original post by Jamie
Well they are both wrong.
You can be anaemic because you are not absorbing enough iron, b12 or folate. or a mixture of all.

Bold statement, since the OP has a known history of chronic, cyclical and iatrogenic blood loss :wink:
Original post by j00ni
Bold statement, since the OP has a known history of chronic, cyclical and iatrogenic blood loss :wink:

ahhhh, I see.
Good reason to be iron deficient ey?
So anyway, OP have you been back to the doctors yet? If you think your doctor isn't doing enough (personally doesn't sound the best- painkillers are not the answer here) then don't hesitate to change doctors or get a second opinion. Is there any connection between the pain and eating? I will stress again that peppermint tea/capsules or Colpermin should be able to releive your pain as it really sounds exactly like a pain caused by spasm of the bowel. It might be nothing to do with IBS/spasm pain but you really have described exactly the pain I have felt, and many others- it's very common. Peppermint will not harm you anyway, definitely worth a shot. Try and describe the pain as best you can to GP and be able to say location etc. and if eating has anything to do with it. Your iron situation is probably a completely seperate issue.
Reply 47
Original post by j00ni
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again"

:biggrin:
Reply 48
Im back at the gp today for results- am very nervous
Original post by dairygirl224
Im back at the gp today for results- am very nervous

Good luck sweetie!

Hopefully they've got some answers for you and you can get it sorted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest