The Student Room Group

Science GCSEs

Just wondering, how important to the top universities are your grades at GCSE Science? I only attained Bs in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (straight As in everything else) and was wondering if Oxbridge would take that into consideration? I'm doing History, English, French, Maths and Further Maths and on target to get straight As. Would love to do PPE at Oxford, but there's no point in applying if the science grades are such a basic flaw. I'd probably be just as happy staying in Wales anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Not really important. Keep your chin up, and work on your A Levels. PPE is a good course :smile: . Your subject combinations are good also. Might I suggest droping either history or english, and taking economics ?
Reply 2
Not a chance I'm dropping history, s'what I'm most interested in. You're right about English though, certainly considering how it's going so far, teacher's first year of teaching A-Level English and she's very inexperienced, resorted to teaching it to myself unfortunately. The Oxford website suggests that History and Maths are the most helpful subjects to take, though I'm sure I'd be very interested in Economics at A-Level. I'll see what my AS results are like, first :smile: thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending