The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer Retake Query

Hi

I was told, regardless of not having paid for the retake I was intending to do, to put it on my UCAS application.
From that application I recieved an unconditional offer for my first choice course, so the retake now seems redundant and unnecessarily costly.

So I have an unconditional offer, but in my application that I got that offer for I said I was going to do this retake. Can I now choose not to do this retake and still accept the unconditional offer - will that be a problem?

Thank you.
Reply 1
unconditional means they've accepted you based on the grades you already have so i don't think the retake is necessary (lucky you :tongue: )

ring up the university for clarification though?
Original post by Ejit
Can I now choose not to do this retake and still accept the unconditional offer - will that be a problem?

It seems unlikely, but it might be a problem. The offer was made on the basis of the information in your application, which indicated you were continuing to study the subject you intended to re-take, and the university might take the attitude, for instance, that it wants you to continue with the subject to avoid going rusty. The UCAS rules dictate that you must tell both UCAS and the universities concerned about any change to your application, which includes changed exam intentions, of course. The university has the right to amend or withdraw an offer if you make changes, though that doesn't seem likely here. Don't make the change without consulting the university first.
Reply 3
Thanks both of you. I've emailed and hope it won't be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending