The Student Room Group

C3 Jan 11 Edexcel - Solutions and Paper in the first post (Now On) + TIPS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anita B. Studin
Lol no it's 75..... you counted it wrong.

Lol, on Q8 a), i thought it said 5 marks not 3...... my mistake.
Original post by Melanie-v
me too. For some reason I divided the 1 by 4 as well. :frown:

I used the quadratic formula for Q3, and it seemed to work..... some how.
Question 2b I got 6x-6/2(x-1)(2x-1) then did 3(2(x-1)) /2(x-1)(2x-1) to get 3/(2x-1) will still get full mark?
i thought the exam was a lot harder than the past papers.
i'm only hoping for low grade boundaries otherwise i might aswell put my name down for a resit lol
I made a stupid mistake in drawing g'(x).

I knew i had to reflect it in the line y=x, but somehow if i remember properly the top part of my graph was in the wrong place. I can't even reflect properly, i am in trouble. However, i do think i got about 60/75 for this exam, which from what everyone is saying should be around an A. The A* has just flown away though........
is it still possible to get 90+ with 86%/85% (65/64) ??
Reply 986
i did not like this paper. Really want an A* so about 90 for the paper :frown:
for question 3 i got the quadratic and spent time trying to factorise and then thinking that i did something wrong myself and so kept rechecking. How many marks do think (out of 6) il get for upto the quadratic???
Reply 987
Can anyone give a good guess as to what grade you think something just over 50 will get? I counted up and if the examiner is generous that I'll get just over 50 marks, do you think that will be a B or perhaps a C?
Original post by kebabmonk
I used the quadratic formula for Q3, and it seemed to work..... some how.

Yeah, you replace x with sin(theta) and work from there.
Original post by TobeTheHero
is it still possible to get 90+ with 86%/85% (65/64) ??

from what i have heard, it will be close.
Original post by peri93
i did not like this paper. Really want an A* so about 90 for the paper :frown:
for question 3 i got the quadratic and spent time trying to factorise and then thinking that i did something wrong myself and so kept rechecking. How many marks do think (out of 6) il get for upto the quadratic???

out of 6 so probably 3/4 max, considering there were 4 answers to that question......
Reply 991
Original post by edris
Thank God!!! What do you think you got for this paper?

an A. Not an A* DEFFO... haha
and you ? :colone:
I think I got an a in this exam I thought Q2 where you have to solve for sin(theta) was a little strange most papers you can use the double angle formulae and factorise and solve for theta. Lost a couple marks there i didn't do that.

last part of the last question was abit silly and off putting didn't know why it asked for so much substituting x's and 2y's just...like what??
and i will never forgive myself for Q3 got it all wrong did not revise for that bit and common sense didn't get me through it.
The gg(x) and gg(8) i did not know what to do, never seen those questions before I was hoping it asked for fg(x) given g(x) and f(x) would be so much easier.

But overall it was a nice paper and I think the grade boundaries will be abit lower 57 for 80UMS and 66 for 90UMS just my guess.
Very very pleased :biggrin::biggrin::smile:
Reply 993
Original post by RodrigoB
an A. Not an A* DEFFO... haha
and you ? :colone:

Not as well as I predicted judging on past papers but maybe an A too or B being modest!
Reply 994
Original post by Wolfiexe
Can anyone give a good guess as to what grade you think something just over 50 will get? I counted up and if the examiner is generous that I'll get just over 50 marks, do you think that will be a B or perhaps a C?

Hmm, i think u either gonna get a low B or high C :biggrin: Lets hope for the first :smile:
Reply 995
Original post by edris
Not as well as I predicted judging on past papers but maybe an A too or B being modest!

That's good. The paper was harder than all the previous one. New questions introduced arghh made we think outside the box haha
Reply 996
Original post by Neofytos
Hmm, i think u either gonna get a low B or high C :biggrin: Lets hope for the first :smile:

Yeah I hope so too, thanks. :smile:
Reply 997
for the last one, i differentiated sec2y, to 2sec2y2tan2y....
How many marks would i lose in this question?
Reply 998
Do you loose marks if you write the correct range and domain, but without writing that g(x) belongs to real values and g^-1(x) belongs to real values?
Reply 999
do u think if i got 65/75 it will be a* or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending