The Student Room Group

Edexcel Triple Science

hi,
im in year11 and have my second set of mocks (paper 2) starting 29th january. unfortunately tho my teacher is crap and hasn’t taught us a single paper 2 topic yet for bio chem or physics. i only just received the revision list and had thought the exam would be on paper 1.
i have about a month left. any advice on how to learn paper 2 content? idrk how to revise which is just great so would appreciate any tips
Original post by HK78
hi,
im in year11 and have my second set of mocks (paper 2) starting 29th january. unfortunately tho my teacher is crap and hasn’t taught us a single paper 2 topic yet for bio chem or physics. i only just received the revision list and had thought the exam would be on paper 1.
i have about a month left. any advice on how to learn paper 2 content? idrk how to revise which is just great so would appreciate any tips

Hi,

Hope you're well, since theres not a lot of time left. My advice would be to look at the flashcards from PMT as they're really useful. And just memorise as much as you can and do PP Questions.

Also, @ateamacadrevision have started doing mini summed up topics of they key things you need to know. They've just started so only the first 2 topics are on there but they're so helpful as they're really condensed!

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hatekittens12345

Hi,

Hope you're well, since theres not a lot of time left. My advice would be to look at the flashcards from PMT as they're really useful. And just memorise as much as you can and do PP Questions.

Also, @ateamacadrevision have started doing mini summed up topics of they key things you need to know. They've just started so only the first 2 topics are on there but they're so helpful as they're really condensed!

thank you so much :smile: at the moment i’m using the cognito platform and watching a video, making notes and making my own flash cards which i’m sure as you can tell is a very lengthy process 😭 how would you recommend tweaking this revision system? i’m already planning on using PMT flash cards instead of my own but what i really struggle with is finding a proper effective revision system to stick to
What I would say is with flashcards write the ones only for the ones you don't know,get stuck on or you tend to forget so being selective with what you're writing. Miss estruch is really good for bio I can't remember if she does gcse videos 😭

Yeah so now, it is Jan so get the flashcards done and memorised by let's say mid Feb. Then from mid Feb to March doing past paper questions. Then the time you've got left consolidate any weaknesses and do more practise!

hi,
if flash cards aren’t really your thing I’m finding that seneca learning works well in a rush? that and going through mark schemes can help with required practicals when you can’t physically do them. id go through the specification too because it can give a condensed idea of what you need to know
Reply 5
Original post by Hatekittens12345
What I would say is with flashcards write the ones only for the ones you don't know,get stuck on or you tend to forget so being selective with what you're writing. Miss estruch is really good for bio I can't remember if she does gcse videos 😭

Yeah so now, it is Jan so get the flashcards done and memorised by let's say mid Feb. Then from mid Feb to March doing past paper questions. Then the time you've got left consolidate any weaknesses and do more practise!

oh thank you so much!! this really helped, much appreciate it :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by notingcseyet
hi,
if flash cards aren’t really your thing I’m finding that seneca learning works well in a rush? that and going through mark schemes can help with required practicals when you can’t physically do them. id go through the specification too because it can give a condensed idea of what you need to know

thank you so much for that tip on practicals, i really struggle with learning them so using the mark scheme as opposed to just watching videos which never stick in my memory sounds like a great idea. thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest