The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211

Well here's the final FemShep then :colonhash:

It's good to know she has time to put on all that eyeliner and lipstick before going into battle.

Original post by G8D
I think she fits the role of Shepard.

I'm curious as to your rationalisation.

I think she fits the role of someone I'd chat up in an alternative/goth club.
I like the new default femshep, obviously she looks out of place in a warzone, but the same can be said of malshep too. I usually customise my own Shepard anyway. Though in ME3 I'll probably keep my imported faces, I was happy with what I made in ME2.
Reply 582
Anybody know what the Collector's Edition is going to contain? Game have it up for pre-order for 70 quid, but no real information on the difference between the two.
Reply 583
Seen a lot of whining on gaming sites about it ruining the series. There was a time when I would have thought the same things, but I'm actually looking forward to it...should be epic!
I have no interest in multi-player. So I wont play it, that's it. There's no reason to complain. It doesn't detract from single-player. I just hope the multi-player doesn't have achievements, as I have every single one in both prior games, and would feel immensely disappointed if I couldn't do the same for ME3.
Reply 585
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I have no interest in multi-player. So I wont play it, that's it. There's no reason to complain. It doesn't detract from single-player. I just hope the multi-player doesn't have achievements, as I have every single one in both prior games, and would feel immensely disappointed if I couldn't do the same for ME3.

Hopefully it doesnt but it can do.

If they're having to work on implementing a co-op system or separate co-op missions then something must be cut from somewhere.
Reply 586
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Not necessarily. They did delay the game.

In which case the Multiplayer comes at the cost of the release date.

The extra time could also have been spent bettering the singleplayer, adding new content for the singleplayer etc...
Calling it now, day one on-disc DLC.
Reply 588
I was dreading the multiplayer because I thought they were going to try to shoehorn the Mass Effect gameplay into some kind of deathmatch type thing or like Gears of War. However co-op levels sounds fine, it's a nice addition and as it doesn't affect the main game that much I'm all for it.
Reply 589
Original post by TheRealHimself
Calling it now, day one on-disc DLC.

Probably only for pre-orders or a CE.

They did that with ME2, and some of the upgrades were pretty cool, like the Dragon Age armour.
You want to know why they did 4 player co-op side missions? Because they're easy as **** to make and they can charge a ****ton of MS points for each one. Don't get me started on how they're going to rip people off wanting to buy "cool new armour upgrades, weapons" to customize their character too.
Gotta love armchair 'expert' gamers who can say how easy it is to make 4 player co-op missions. Are you being forced to buy them? As long as the content in the game hasn't obviously been cut and the DLC isn't necessary to playing the main game, then it's fine.

Sit down and stop getting your already high blood pressure up.
ME3 is out around my birthday - winning.

Interested in the online though (that's what everyone seems to be talking about recently), I dunno if it'd work out but online versus mode would be cool imo, alongside Co-op
Reply 593
Original post by lukejoshjedi
ME3 is out around my birthday - winning.

Interested in the online though (that's what everyone seems to be talking about recently), I dunno if it'd work out but online versus mode would be cool imo, alongside Co-op

No.

No it wouldn't.
Reply 594
No.

No it wouldn't.

I am still there with you.
No.

No it wouldn't.

hopefully it would. Online's good and all but I'd have thought more online modes would be included, depends on what else they want to do with the game
Reply 596
Original post by lukejoshjedi
hopefully it would. Online's good and all but I'd have thought more online modes would be included, depends on what else they want to do with the game

What would be the grounding for a versus multiplayer mode?

There would literally be no need for it ad it would make absolutely no sense.
What would be the grounding for a versus multiplayer mode?

There would literally be no need for it ad it would make absolutely no sense.

Why does it have to make sense? There are plenty of good games where the multiplayer doesn't tie in to the single player at all. There wouldn't be anything forcing anybody to play it.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Gotta love armchair 'expert' gamers who can say how easy it is to make 4 player co-op missions. Are you being forced to buy them? As long as the content in the game hasn't obviously been cut and the DLC isn't necessary to playing the main game, then it's fine.

Sit down and stop getting your already high blood pressure up.

Not my money I'm going to be wasting on lazy developers.
I didn't know there was going to be a single player demo and multiplayer beta in January. Got an early access leaflet in Battlefield 3.

Quick Reply

Latest