The Student Room Group

Any Greenhead College students have any advice?

I'm hoping to go there but my grades aren't the best for reasons such as poor effort (3.1/5.0) etc.
My grades are:

Maths: B( Nearly an A, 154/200 for the first 50% of the GCSE)
Statistics: B
Sciences: A
English: B
BTEC Business: Distinction
ICT: Distinction
RE: C
Graphics: C

I'm hoping to take:
Maths with Stats.
Biology
Economics
Modern History

I've heard things about 5As+ for none feeder schools, any advice you could give me?

Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Bump.
Reply 2
I know a lot of people who went there, and you don't really need grades that high to get in, I don't think...
Original post by kizzz!
I know a lot of people who went there, and you don't really need grades that high to get in, I don't think...

5A*-C for feeder schools.
It's generally known that they only take 5As+
I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice/what to say for the interviews.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 4
My friend did 10 GCSE's and only got around 3 A's I think but still got accepted!

If, in the interview, you say you like reading, be prepared for them to ask you to name some books! She was stumped and just came out with 'Erm.. crime thriller ones?!' :p:

That's the only tip I have I'm afraid :colondollar:
Original post by kizzz!
My friend did 10 GCSE's and only got around 3 A's I think but still got accepted!

If, in the interview, you say you like reading, be prepared for them to ask you to name some books! She was stumped and just came out with 'Erm.. crime thriller ones?!' :p:

That's the only tip I have I'm afraid :colondollar:

Oh, I'm prepared for that :P
I'm basically hoping that they will accept my begging, haha.
I've got a web design business and am fluent at HTML and CSS. I'm sure they'll like that a bit :P
I've basically just been told to 'sound enthusiastic' and hopefully they accept me :tongue:

Thanks for your help.
Reply 6
At my school, the only people they accepted were the ones that got A*A* for the english mock! Sounds weird but it's true! :|

The headboy at my secondary school did get rejected though.
Weird.

Good luck.
Original post by EffKayy
At my school, the only people they accepted were the ones that got A*A* for the english mock! Sounds weird but it's true! :|

The headboy at my secondary school did get rejected though.
Weird.

Good luck.

Well, we've not done any mocks because there's no point due to the fact that the majority of things are modular.
I've just got my teachers to say what they expect me to get and write a little paragraph about me.
Will they accept that?
Reply 8
Original post by Ryan-Hetherington
I'm hoping to go there but my grades aren't the best for reasons such as poor effort (3.1/5.0) etc.

I've heard things about 5As+ for none feeder schools, any advice you could give me?

Thanks.

Did you get in?
(edited 12 years ago)
Nope, sadly not.
Hi I'm thinking of applying in January but I don't know if my predicted grades are good enough: 2B's and 7A's
I haven't any mocks yet as its only October.
I'm from a non-partner school.
Thanks
Reply 11
That was truly a touching thread to read, my sorries freddo, F

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending