The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham colleges

Hi im wondering id anyone can offer any advice, i need to rank college preferences but i have no idea where to start, ill be doing biological sciences and i dont need accommodation, im just wondering which colleges are more preferable for science students? Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi im wondering id anyone can offer any advice, i need to rank college preferences but i have no idea where to start, ill be doing biological sciences and i dont need accommodation, im just wondering which colleges are more preferable for science students? Thank you

Hiya,

Could you clarify what you mean by preferable for science students? Do you mean the facilities or proximity to campus?
In general, all the colleges have a mix of courses so there isn't really a college with more/less science students. People tend to rank their colleges based on whether they want catered or self catered but as you said, you will not be needing accommodation. I would say maybe start looking at other preferences such as Hill or Bailey, Gowned or Non-Gowned to help with ranking your preference 🙂

Hope this helps

-Ghala
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya,
Could you clarify what you mean by preferable for science students? Do you mean the facilities or proximity to campus?
In general, all the colleges have a mix of courses so there isn't really a college with more/less science students. People tend to rank their colleges based on whether they want catered or self catered but as you said, you will not be needing accommodation. I would say maybe start looking at other preferences such as Hill or Bailey, Gowned or Non-Gowned to help with ranking your preference 🙂
Hope this helps
-Ghala

Hello sorry i meant facilities, I wasn’t really sure how they worked, do any of the colleges have parking or parking near by? Thank you
Hello sorry i meant facilities, I wasn’t really sure how they worked, do any of the colleges have parking or parking near by? Thank you

You can only get university parking permits if you have specific reasons (I can’t remember what they are exactly but it’s things like if you live a certain distance away, have medical reasons etc.). I’m not sure on other parking that may be suitable
There is other parking nearby colleges but it would really only be suitable for short term usage (E.g. if you were getting dropped off at the beginning of the year by someone and they were at college during the day) in my opinion

Quick Reply

Latest