The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
It's not because it sounds more tame, but because that's what it is. You can't claim to be a liberal and disagree with me.

What would be the less tame term you are suggesting anyway?
Reply 181
I think the government should not be regulating people in this way.
Its ****ing sick and if you cant understand why then so are you.
all i can say is 'ew'.
Reply 184
Original post by Lewroll
Do you really have to ask that?
A free society still needs rules which govern the citizens.That means although I may be 'free'I cannot do whatever I want. We cant go and kill someone when we are angry, we can't have sex with children (although you seem to be ok with this as well) and we can't have sex with our blood relations. These are laws which are in place in nearly every developed society on earth. Incestous relationships are often open to abuse, where and older family member abuses a younger family member. Were incest legal, the lines would become blurred between what is abuse and what isnt. Incest is also morally repugnant. The majority of humans would find the idea of a sexual relationship with a sibling disgusting. The same way they would find sex with a goat or a car or a fish to be disgusting. If society doesnt implement laws banning these things, then there would be anarchy. Self appointed members of society policing it, and punishing those who do things bad such as incest. How do we know this would happen? Look at tribal societies. Things which go against there norms are often punished with death. This has been observable in nearly every society on earth. It is human nature to be opposed to things we do not like. So incest being illegal also protects the people that practice incest. It will never be socially acceptable, regardless of what the law says, becuase people will be repulsed by the very idea of it. Sexual relationships between family members is one of the very things we as humans, collectively, know is wrong- incest, murder, rape etc they are all in the same boat. It is only a few oddballs or 'freedom fighters' like yourself that feel the need to destroy the order of society by allowing acts which would tear families apart and destroy the fabric of society.

Try using paragraphs.

Yes we should have some restrictions on freedom, individuals should not be free to harm the freedoms of other individuals. Laws should be based on the harm principle, whether the freedom to do something would cause harm or not.

"It will never be socially acceptable", yes just like homosexuality(!) (in 1950).
Reply 185
Original post by flubadiblam
Its ****ing sick and if you cant understand why then so are you.

Good one, bigot.
Reply 186
Are all the children perfectly healthy?
If Yes, they're lucky.

Even if yes, their children don't deserve the risk of being born with severe defects...and in a vast number of cases the complications show up later on in life...the children don't deserve this for the irresponsibility and (mental) sickness of these two; thats why its immoral (and other reasons which sick people like OP will fail to comprehend).
Reply 187
Original post by Lewroll
You call me whatever you want, I don't care. And I also do not care what you think. Lets just hope someone like you never gets into power, who knows the chaos they would cause.

Chaos, huh? Yeah, we wouldn't want our country to become chaotic like those developed countries where there are no laws against incest. Look at France, Belgium, Sweden and Japan - absolute hell-holes. Oh wait, they're actually flourishing societies.
Original post by Formica
Chaos, huh? Yeah, we wouldn't want our country to become chaotic like those developed countries where there are no laws against incest. Look at France, Belgium, Sweden and Japan - absolute hell-holes. Oh wait, they're actually flourishing societies.

Japan- Japan abolished its incest laws in 1881, making incest legal there -- although some social stigma to incest does exist. Incestuous marriage linearly or between siblings or half-siblings is not allowed

Sweden-Incest with a descendant or a full sibling is prohibited by law in Sweden[18]. Half-siblings can marry, but require special approval by the government
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest

You may want to check your facts.
Reply 189
Original post by Stefan1991
It is not wrong for people of different ages to have a relationship, what are you talking about. Doesn't make any difference if it's father and daughter or brother and sister, same thing.

Why if simply because they're genetically members of the same family makes it wrong? You provided no rationale for this statement, and therefore you can't prove what you've said.

Again, attacking a straw man. You've done nothing but misrepresent the point I made.

Which part of 'This is clearly non-sensical.' did you not understand?

I really don't know how to improve the clarity for you beyond that.

As for 'you've provided no rationale', I have provided a clear logical argument - I showed that the common denominator in both analogies was incest.

You have made points. I have countered them. You have repeatedly used inductive logic, and straw man logic to support your arguments, then once these methods have failed you, you have tried to discount my points with entirely substanceless rhetoric.
I would assert that it is you who is providing no consistent rationale.
'PC gone mad'
Here's my opinon on incest:

In the case of having children it's pretty damn selfish considering the birth defects that are likely to occur.

Without children it's the highest type of desparation; millions of people on this earth and the best you could do was you sibling? Really?
Incest is HOT!!! (As long as it's not me and they're young and hot!)

But incestuous kids are not hot. **** your siblings if you want, but it's plain immoral to risk bringing mutant kids into the world. Even if they turn out all right, your gene pool is damaged.
Reply 193
The story is from germany o_O
Good one, bigot.

Im sorry but this isn't a matter of opinion so much as basic morals. There has to be something wrong with a person that finds a member of their family attractive and to have kids with them!? mate, im lost for words...
Incest is wincest.
Original post by flubadiblam
Im sorry but this isn't a matter of opinion so much as basic morals. There has to be something wrong with a person that finds a member of their family attractive and to have kids with them!? mate, im lost for words...

Why does incest have to involve having kids?
Meet Patrick and Susan. A young couple, and in love, with four children. However their life was torn apart when the state and society deemed their relationship "unnatural" and "immoral", and imprisoned them both. This was because they just happened to be brother and sister.

Patrick and Susan were jailed repeatedly for one crime, loving each other. Since then their children have been forced into care, and the lovers were separated from them and each other for many years.

How can anyone argue this is moral? Who has the right to say that a consensual relationship is wrong?

Discuss.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6424937.stm

My argument isn't much, but...
EW THAT'S FLIPPIN DISGUSTING.
Original post by cambo211
Why does incest have to involve having kids?

Because the people in mention had kids... :rolleyes:
They have four kids and none are mutants. Next stupid question.

I am guessing that you are inbred too.

Latest

Trending

Trending