The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sirocco11
Tomic-Dolgopolov is an alright match tbh, the dynamic of the rallies is getting a bit boring. It's just slice, slice x10 and then one player (usually Dologopolov) takes the initiative. That's the problem with Tomic, he doesn't dictate often enough and I get the sense when he gets involved with slice battles he's just doing it to prove his prowess rather than do anything with the ball. Looks like he's about to take the third set though.

Boring rallies are the product of these slow courts.:frown: Players just wait for their opponents to make mistake.
And the terrible umpiring plaguing the championships continues. Ramos got that decision totally wrong - Tomic challenged and then acted as if he didn't. Could really affect Dologopolov's chances in this final set.
Yes,it's Atomic.:cool:
I think Tomic may win this one!
Tomic wins in 5 sets.

Very interesting playing style with great placement and a lot of cross court volleys.
Tomic's girlfriend look so hot!I hope she doesn't make him exhausted. :headhurts:
Reply 1986
Someone gave me a link before on here, but i've searched my PM's and I can't find it.

Could anyone give me the link/name of the thing I use to override the country authorisation so I can watch the streams from the AO website?

Thanks! :smile:
(and PM me)
Very entertaining match! Tomic saved so many break points, he's quite mentally tough it seems.
Reply 1988
I wish he wasn't compared to Murray so much - Tomic is a very different player with an exceptional mental toughness.
Good match in the end. Tomic to get crushed by Federer in the next round though.
I was wrong, once again.

Original post by Sirocco11
Good match in the end. Tomic to get crushed by Federer in the next round though.

I think he'll lose, probably in three straight sets, but I wouldn't say he'll be crushed.
Tomic is very durable.All he needs is to improve his serve/return skill,then defeating Roger Federer in a 5 sets-slow court will not be too difficult.
I thought he was quite good on returns.

In my opinion the main thing holding Tomic back is a lack of power and if he is to compete at the very highest level then he needs to become much more muscular and improve his serve.

His technical ability however looked very good.
Yes,his serve must be more effective.Add more muscles,just enough to improve his power and not affect his mobility.He's young and has a lot of things to improve and has too much time to do so.Very promising.:rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Can't wait until the Australian Open. Reckon it will be between Williams and Kvitova this year.
Original post by lovely_me
Can't wait until the Australian Open. Reckon it will be between Williams and Kvitova this year.

What? It's almost halfway through..
Original post by JaggySnake95
What? It's almost halfway through..

Yeah the AO finals I meant. :pierre: #blonde
Milos Raonic's serve is merely destructive!But hes too inaccurate.Bernard Tomic+Raonic's serve=monster!:eek:
Reply 1998
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1999
In case anyone's interested, this was Federer's 2HBH attempt against Karlovic (go to 13 minutes in)

He loses the point :cool:

Latest