The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Nadal set to return to action at the Brazil Open in Sao Paulo, starting on Feb 11th. Let's see how long it takes for the withdrawal statement to appear this time. :rolleyes:
Original post by voodooshaman
How embarrassing that a player who can qualify directly for a GS can't take a single game off a one-legged Serena Williams. The depth in women's tennis really is poor. For a while it seemed to be improving but on closer inspection its simply because the current top 20 are so horrendously inconsistent (with the exception of Williams, Azarenka and a fit Sharapova).
I used to watch womens tennis when they had some decent players - around 2000- Hingis, Davenport, Williams', Capriati, Henin, Clijsters. But now its really boring.

true, but serena was hitting the balls really well, she also had a lot of free points from her serve
Original post by Zhy
That's too bad. I genuinely thought things would go Paire-shaped for Fred.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Not a Federer fan, I take it? :biggrin:
Kimiko Date-Krumm is one inspirational woman. That is all.
Original post by Krish4791
I think it was meant to be a pun. :tongue:
Original post by Krish4791

He's just trolling as usual, i recall a year or so ago he had the same attitude towards Nadal.
Reply 7986
Does anyone know if Nadal is expected to drop many places after the Australian Open before he returns?
Original post by D-Box
Does anyone know if Nadal is expected to drop many places after the Australian Open before he returns?

He'll drop to at least No. 5. However, if Del Potro or Berdych do extremely well in the tournament (i.e. Win/Final), then he could potentially find himself as low as 7.
I'd love a Djokovic vs Rafa quarter final at Roland Garros.
Anybody waiting up tonight?

We get Murray at 01:30, Tomic at 03:00 and if your up early Federer and Del Potro at 08:00.
Original post by Rakas21

We get Murray at 01:30, Tomic at 03:00 and if your up early Federer and Del Potro at 08:00.

Up for Tsonga then Murray. Unless it goes past half 4 or so.
Original post by Rakas21

Workin at 8 tomorrow but will stay up for Muzza- have a 2 stage sleep schedule over the next fortnight. 2 sets of 3 hours. Dedication. Or just sad...

Reply 7992
Federer and Del Potro at 08:00 will be an amazing game. I'll have the match on while I study x)
Original post by Rakas21

Not bothering with Murray's match - straight sets. Gonna go to sleep and get up at 8 for the two marquee matches, Davy-Fed and Robson-Kvitova.
Original post by Griyu
Federer and Del Potro at 08:00 will be an amazing game. I'll have the match on while I study x)

They're not playing each other, just playing their matches at the same time.
Reply 7995
Original post by Sirocco11
They're not playing each other, just playing their matches at the same time.

God damn it.
Reply 7996
I wonder how much Davydenko bet on this match.

Original post by Zhy
I wonder how much Davydenko bet on this match.

50m rubles on a straight sets win for himself I reckon.

Reply 7998
Original post by voodooshaman
50m rubles on a straight sets win for himself I reckon.

Kolya has match-fixing down to an art. See AO 2010 QF. Dominating old man Fred, he's got him by the Wilanders, subsequently gets bagelled.

Original post by Zhy
Kolya has match-fixing down to an art. See AO 2010 QF. Dominating old man Fred, he's got him by the Wilanders, subsequently gets bagelled.

Was joking

Latest