The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, does anyone know how active the BNP are in Nottingham? I mean both inside the university and outside.

Also is there a strong NF presence there?

Cheers.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, does anyone know how active the BNP are in Nottingham? I mean both inside the university and outside.

Also is there a strong NF presence there?

Cheers.
Reply 3
No... find a door and use it!
Reply 4
No... find a door and use it!
Reply 5
No really, what's the party like down there?
Reply 6
Non-existent. Probably because any self-respecting human being would completely blank any BNP scum the second they saw them.
Reply 7
haha good luck! tosser.
Beekeeper
haha good luck! tosser.

:rofl:
Reply 9
I love the fact that you expect people to encourage you to be 'active' with the B'n'P !
Reply 10
there is a strong bnp prensense in nottinham,especially with the bestwood,bulwell,bilborough areas etc,but these pansy students wouldnt dare go round those ends
Reply 11
carlinsir
there is a strong bnp prensense in nottinham,especially with the bestwood,bulwell,bilborough areas etc,but these pansy students wouldnt dare go round those ends

That's the kind of information I want!

oh and thanks for the rep people - some very funny comments there!
Reply 12
Haha, sorry mate, but you're not going to find much in the way of British nationalism in a uni with very strong connections to Malaysia and China. On top of that, being a decent uni, it attracts plenty of those terrible foreign students. I mean, crikey, how awful! They eat different foods, do things differently and even speak in different languages!! Worst of all, they have different levels of melanin in their skin! What IS the world coming to, eh?

Welcome to the modern world where people move a little bit further in the course of their lives than the edge of their village. By the sounds of it you're considering doing this yourself, hopefully you'll get a more balanced viewpoint in the process.

I've got to warn you though, when it comes to living off campus after the first year chances are it'll be an area with quite a high asian and black population. *SHOCK HORROR!*
If that sort of thing is going to bother you may I suggest you don't even bother going to university because those darned "darkies" are everywhere. In fact, that's right, stay at home and hide and let the rest of us live our lives without hassle.
Did I sound condescending? Oopsie!
Reply 13
carlinsir

Somebody who calls 27,000 people 'pansies' is either very brave or very foolish. I'm guessing you're the latter.

I'm basing this judgement on the fact that you can't spell or punctuate of course, nothing to do with your misguided political alignment.

Note to self: I must stop baiting the trolls, I must stop baiting the trolls...
If there is any sort of BNP presence in nottingham then I dare them to go anywhere near the Meadows and come out alive.
Reply 15
Recusant:

Thanks for the laugh mate :rofl: That first paragraph really was hilarious.

Actually, you were rather useful. cheers.
Recusant
Haha, sorry mate, but you're not going to find much in the way of British nationalism in a uni with very strong connections to Malaysia and China. On top of that, being a decent uni, it attracts plenty of those terrible foreign students. I mean, crikey, how awful! They eat different foods, do things differently and even speak in different languages!! Worst of all, they have different levels of melanin in their skin! What IS the world coming to, eh?

Welcome to the modern world where people move a little bit further in the course of their lives than the edge of their village. By the sounds of it you're considering doing this yourself, hopefully you'll get a more balanced viewpoint in the process.

I've got to warn you though, when it comes to living off campus after the first year chances are it'll be an area with quite a high asian and black population. *SHOCK HORROR!*
If that sort of thing is going to bother you may I suggest you don't even bother going to university because those darned "darkies" are everywhere. In fact, that's right, stay at home and hide and let the rest of us live our lives without hassle.
Did I sound condescending? Oopsie!

hahaha :biggrin: thats realy good
--------------
Aristogeiton
Recusant:

Thanks for the laugh mate :rofl: That first paragraph really was hilarious.

Actually, you were rather useful. cheers.

Why dont you explain your argument for the BNP because it doesnt matter how i look at it your policies dont make sense what so ever. You cant concele the fact that the BNP is unbelievable scum, a source of deep hypocracy and ignorance.
Why do people continue to seize upon easy targets in an attempt to show everyone how liberal they are? It's such an obvious thing to do: someone posts about an almost universally-despised group without obviously despising them, and everyone else leaps in to remind the poster how much the group is despised. He's quite clearly heard it before and was anticipating your response. Is it an excuse to make dramatic sweeping statements in a way that is seen as 'legitimate'? I'm not suggesting the BNP don't deserve all the vehement criticism they get, but I do wonder why people retread the same territory time and time again as though no-one had done it before, as though they were some sort of brave pioneer. Might it not make more of an impact to criticise a group which ISN'T already beyond criticism?

Also, denying the BNP are present in Nottingham isn't helpful to your cause; it makes it look like you need to use false information to be convincing, which you don't, because so many people are already convinced without knowing anything about the BNP.

You might not like his beliefs (whatever they may be), but using inflammatory language loses you the moral highground to some extent: replace "BNP" with "foreigners" in many of your posts and they start to look similar to the BNPs own breand of extremism. Absolutist statements such as "You cant conceal the fact that the BNP is unbelievable scum, a source of deep hypocracy and ignorance" (sorry to single you out, I just picked the last post)suggest the criticism is emotive rather than logic-based (which it doesn't have to be, considering how much material there is for you to use in your criticism).
Reply 18
^ a very nice point which I've tried to point out to people on multiple occasions but they seem to completely refuse to listen so I've given up trying. It's quite nice to just stand back and observe the hypocrisy sometimes anyway - they hate me because I'm a 'hater' :rolleyes:

Do you know about the BNP in Nottingham, coincidentally?
I've heard there's quite a high BNP presense in Ilkeston wihich is a town on the outskirts of Nottingham. Is this true?

Latest

Trending

Trending