The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Journalism offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Haven't asked for feedback. Not sure what the point would be. To take it on board for future applications to university?!

Anyway I did that last year, improved on what they said, got my grades and it didn't exactly help so...
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 41
Original post by Jesseecar123
Nah, definitly because of my grades though; they weren't nearly enough. Have you?

They've just told me 'your application has been unsuccessful', My predicted grades are at least ABB though, and I was told by my teachers that everything was pointing towards offers from all my choices... Absolutely gutted:frown:
Commiserations to people don't know what they look for exactly :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by rooky
They've just told me 'your application has been unsuccessful', My predicted grades are at least ABB though, and I was told by my teachers that everything was pointing towards offers from all my choices... Absolutely gutted:frown:

Didn't your teachers tell you your predicted grades?

Well, I had ABB, so they probably based it off personal statements more?

I have no idea.
Reply 44
Original post by appleface

I have no idea.

No, they didn't oddly enough... But its not really been a problem for me, because all my other choices, so far, have been offers. And I was told my PS was pretty good too... I don't know to be honest, will email them tomorrow because I'd quite like to know.

Congratulations anyway.:smile:
Reply 45
Original post by rooky
No, they didn't oddly enough... But its not really been a problem for me, because all my other choices, so far, have been offers. And I was told my PS was pretty good too... I don't know to be honest, will email them tomorrow because I'd quite like to know.

Congratulations anyway.:smile:

Yeah, probably best to try and get some feedback on it.

And thank you :smile:

I have no idea.

My teachers didn't tell me my predicted grades for ages and mine is like MMM (Nat DIp) which is probably like CCC. They said I had a stong application bla bla bla so I applied to 4 ridiculously good unis and only one realistic and noone told me not to. 3 rejections and 1 conditional later I'm feeling a tad annoyed.
Just got my offer! :biggrin:

I hope everyone who didnt get one manages to find another uni they click with:frown:
Reply 48
My teachers didn't tell me my predicted grades for ages and mine is like MMM (Nat DIp) which is probably like CCC. They said I had a stong application bla bla bla so I applied to 4 ridiculously good unis and only one realistic and noone told me not to. 3 rejections and 1 conditional later I'm feeling a tad annoyed.

That sucks.

At least you've got a conditional :smile: Are you going to accept that one, or extra/clearing/re-apply?
Reply 49
Original post by lucyalexandra
Just got my offer! :biggrin:

I hope everyone who didnt get one manages to find another uni they click with:frown:

Congrats lucyalexandra! :smile: It's all very exicting!

You firming?
Definately:smile: only university i really had my heart set on! :smile:
Original post by lucyalexandra
Definately:smile: only university i really had my heart set on! :smile:

You and appleface both firming??
Reply 52
Original post by rainbowkid22
You and appleface both firming??

Definitely. It was the first university I looked at and I just fell in love with it when I went to the open day.

Just hope I can get the ABB - should do! I'll just have to work hard, aha.
That sucks.

At least you've got a conditional :smile: Are you going to accept that one, or extra/clearing/re-apply?

Yeah I'm gonna accept it, I like it and Sheffield wasn't much of a shock. Plus I'm 20 already so definitly couldn't be bothered waiting another year lol. Would have been nice though. Congratulations to you, hope you enjoy it! :smile:
Reply 54
Yeah I'm gonna accept it, I like it and Sheffield wasn't much of a shock. Plus I'm 20 already so definitly couldn't be bothered waiting another year lol. Would have been nice though. Congratulations to you, hope you enjoy it! :smile:

I know what you mean. I'm 20 in May, so there was no way I was going to wait another year!

Hope you enjoy yours!
Reply 55
I got a conditional offer last night :smile: I think I'm going to accept the offer but I need to visit the place first!
Congratulations to everyone who got an offer and commiserations to those to who didn't!
Reply 56
Original post by jade_f
I got a conditional offer last night :smile: I think I'm going to accept the offer but I need to visit the place first!
Congratulations to everyone who got an offer and commiserations to those to who didn't!

Congrats!

They've got the open days in March :smile: It's absolutely lovely though.
Reply 57
i got a conditional too! hurrah, so much stress relief right now

sorry to anyone who didnt get an offer though :frown:
Reply 58
Has everyone who applied to Sheffield for Journalism had a decision now?. I've seen a lot of rejection posts and a lot of offer posts, but I still haven't heard anything either way yet:s-smilie:. Is it just me or is anyone else out there in the same position?
I havent heard for joint honours course??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending