The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

I do not understand matchmaking sometimes.

I play typically with a silver 3, an unranked (lvl 30, doesn't play ranked.. probs low silver), a bronze 5/4 (he's doing placements but was b4 last season) and there's me at silver 2.

We go into normals and ended up against a diamond 3 and a diamond 5 in two separate games yesterday, the d3 we got an unranked as the 5th, but the strange thing is the d3 wasn't even in a premade, so no idea why they were there tbh.

Won both times though the second victory was hollow as EUW did it's usual thing and my team was less laggy than theirs :rolleyes:
They call me Yorick cuz I am digging Graves :cool:

ahem, I am so sorry :colondollar:

I really like this guy, I think he might just become my number two the way things are going...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
I expect the same result from you! :biggrin:

Unranked to challenger in 1 week :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by yo radical one
They call me Yorick cuz I am digging Graves :cool:

ahem, I am so sorry :colondollar:

I really like this guy, I think he might just become my number two the way things are going...

Oh wow :tongue:

Who's your number one?

Tried him for the first time the other day and ended up against a pantheon nidalee lane, so my impression is skewed by the annoying as **** laning phase there.
Original post by Anythingoo1
Unranked to challenger in 1 week :tongue:

Spoiler

Careful now, Rito doesn't want people doing unranked to challenger anymore :tongue:

It was all about the Geranimo anyways imo :colone:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Who's your number one?

Tried him for the first time the other day and ended up against a pantheon nidalee lane, so my impression is skewed by the annoying as **** laning phase there.

Vayne ofc :moon:

That sounds horrible man, but why no adc or was it a duo top? :s-smilie:

Who's your number one?

Careful now, Rito doesn't want people doing unranked to challenger anymore :tongue:

It was all about the Geranimo anyways imo :colone:

Rito pls

Ah I don't think I was around when he streamed that, he's so good though
Reply 5986

Rito doesn't want people go from "UNRANKED to BRONZE V" Then "BRONZE V to Challenger" ...
They still want people to do Unranked to Challenger
Vayne ofc :moon:

That sounds horrible man, but why no adc or was it a duo top? :s-smilie:

It was a kill lane bot by them, annoying to deal with but usually fails

Original post by Anythingoo1
Rito pls

Ah I don't think I was around when he streamed that, he's so good though

He's awesome, though no idea why he's STILL in cali with Sovitica. Like he lives there now :tongue:

Original post by lNurl
Rito doesn't want people go from "UNRANKED to BRONZE V" Then "BRONZE V to Challenger" ...
They still want people to do Unranked to Challenger

Fair enough, yeah. Noticed that when it was said Gosu changed his/her streams from plat-diamond to plat3 smurf :beard:
Reply 5988
Lol thanks for all the tips. I have watched a lot of streams and instructional videos so I know the basics xD. I usually play Lee sin in the jungle. His mobility makes him so fun to use and get easy kills when I hit level 6.
I do not understand matchmaking sometimes.

I play typically with a silver 3, an unranked (lvl 30, doesn't play ranked.. probs low silver), a bronze 5/4 (he's doing placements but was b4 last season) and there's me at silver 2.

We go into normals and ended up against a diamond 3 and a diamond 5 in two separate games yesterday, the d3 we got an unranked as the 5th, but the strange thing is the d3 wasn't even in a premade, so no idea why they were there tbh.

Won both times though the second victory was hollow as EUW did it's usual thing and my team was less laggy than theirs :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't get it either, it was like when I was playing on my smurf which was at the time only in the level 20s and got matches against 1 challenger and 3 diamonds lol It's supposed to be based on MMR but I have no idea how it actually works...

Original post by Azkrad
Lol thanks for all the tips. I have watched a lot of streams and instructional videos so I know the basics xD. I usually play Lee sin in the jungle. His mobility makes him so fun to use and get easy kills when I hit level 6.

Haha, sorry I should have posted something useful :P Well as a jungler you have a lot of flexibility as to what champ you pick so one thing as a jungler you can do is pick a champ that synergies well your other team mates or make up something they're lacking e.g. if they're missing an engage then you can pick malphite etc.
Jungle is less mechanically dependent on more dependent on "smart" moves, knowing when to gank, when to counter jungle, buff control etc. Also one important thing is try not to force ganks but look for opportunities to gank
Hope that's slightly more helpful then my first tip :P
Reply 5990
Original post by zhang599

Haha, sorry I should have posted something useful :P Well as a jungler you have a lot of flexibility as to what champ you pick so one thing as a jungler you can do is pick a champ that synergies well your other team mates or make up something they're lacking e.g. if they're missing an engage then you can pick malphite etc.
Jungle is less mechanically dependent on more dependent on "smart" moves, knowing when to gank, when to counter jungle, buff control etc. Also one important thing is try not to force ganks but look for opportunities to gank
Hope that's slightly more helpful then my first tip :P

Its okay some of them were surprisingly helpful xD. One thing I am stuck on is what do i do when all my laners are winning lane and forcing the enemy's to hug their towers ? Do i wait till i am strong enough to tank the turret whilst we double team ? Or just continue to farm ?
Original post by Azkrad
Its okay some of them were surprisingly helpful xD. One thing I am stuck on is what do i do when all my laners are winning lane and forcing the enemy's to hug their towers ? Do i wait till i am strong enough to tank the turret whilst we double team ? Or just continue to farm ?

Milk it, if banks aren't needed make sure you take buffs 1 sec after they come up and try get dragon. If you think there is a kill possible in lane go get it, but if they are winning don't make too riskier move. Always think objectives rather than kills.
Original post by sparklingTurkey
dotaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pssh

I'd rather play Dora the explorer online personally :noway:
Original post by Azkrad

-Farm your jungle
-Farm their jungle
-Group for objectives

As the jungler you should learn when to make calls (ie go for dragon, group somewhere and take tower, etc) you can dive someone 3v2 or 2v1 espeically with a champ like lee sin or elise but if you don't feel confident in doing so then don't bother, it's not worth if you trade 1 for 1 unless maybe you get a tower and/or an objective out of it

I think very rarely you'll have 3 lanes winning though, if it happens to me then /ff at 20

Spoiler

Hey All. I'm New to LOL, Level 20 Thou. Been Playing for roughly a month. Add up : Catilyn Fire

I'm more or less and ADC, My favourite champs have got to be Varus(40-10-10) - Best score ever, Draven, Yi, and Teemo (Ik, Ik hes AP but I did get my only Penta with him)

Oh and this Vid is great SAVE A TEEMO YO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt8Q9WE5xIM
(edited 10 years ago)
Pah screw Teemo

[video="youtube;gMLhCPYppl4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLhCPYppl4[/video]
Reply 5996
Original post by a moist feeling
Pah screw Teemo

[video="youtube;gMLhCPYppl4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLhCPYppl4[/video]

Teemo's not even annoying anymore he got majorly nerfed
Original post by AR_95

True still hate him and everything about him...it's the way of the league!!
Original post by AR_95

Agreed

they should rework him as a viable adc

make his auto attacks more useful (poison does true damage etc)

make the shroom damage scale with ad (at a fairly low ratio) but increase the duration of the slow
Reply 5999
agreed

they should rework him as a viable adc

make his auto attacks more useful (poison does true damage etc)

make the shroom damage scale with ad (at a fairly low ratio) but increase the duration of the slow

your thoughts are of the devil's

Quick Reply

Latest