The Student Room Group

Why is Lancaster University expensive than University of Nottingham

Why does Lancaster University charges more than University of Nottingham in terms of fee's for international students. For Bsc business management despite Lancaster not being in the russell group.
Lancaster University -22650 GBP
Nottingham - 20500 GBP
Reply 1
Original post by Theghostman
Why does Lancaster University charges more than University of Nottingham in terms of fee's for international students. For Bsc business management despite Lancaster not being in the russell group.
Lancaster University -22650 GBP
Nottingham - 20500 GBP

Hi Ghostman, Im not 100% sure. Russell group unis are great in terms of research and research led training, but they are not treated like the ivy league of unis like the US. Lancaster is quite popular for medicine, physics, law and business management and computer studies, so I can only assume its to do with that. Lancaster is also ranked higher in the complete university guide league tables. Lancaster is 10th where Nottingham is 28th. But thats not to discredit Nottingham, its my home city and its a great uni and it does have a great reputation too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ghostlady
Hi Ghostman, Im not 100% sure. Russell group unis are great in terms of research and research led training, but they are not treated like the ivy league of unis like the US. Lancaster is quite popular for medicine, physics, law and business management and computer studies, so I can only assume its to do with that. Lancaster is also ranked higher in the complete university guide league tables. Lancaster is 10th where Nottingham is 28th. But thats not to discredit Nottingham, its my home city and its a great uni and it does have a great reputation too :smile:

Thanks! I finally decided to choose Lancaster. It was a very hard decision to choose between notts and Lancaster but your answers about Lancaster helped me to decide.
Original post by Theghostman
Thanks! I finally decided to choose Lancaster. It was a very hard decision to choose between notts and Lancaster but your answers about Lancaster helped me to decide.

Hey @Theghostman

It's great to hear that you've chosen Lancaster! Let me know if you have any more questions at all, or have a look at our welcome thread if that's relevant https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7385448&page=3

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending