The Student Room Group

help please!!! which UNI!?!

HELLO
im just so stuck and dont know what to do with my life lol
please can you tell me your opinions/experiences/stereotypes etc etc etc about these places cause im so so so so so stuck

basically ive got offers from
UCL: arch & anth
durham: anth and french
sussex: anth and french
manchester : arch and anth
waiting to hear from edinburgh which im sure ill be rejected from
SOOOO which one shall i go to?
-i hate the cold/lack of sun
-i think id prefer to do french instead of arch... that would be a better course AND id get to spend a yr abroad...
-in DURHAM ive applied to st chads.. opinions on this!?!!? appaz it is nice, and full of state school people (and i am one) so i thought it may not be as 'posh' or whatever people say but im probs totally wrong
-ucl i think is the best rep BUT it is in london so maybe lonely and blooody expensive
-i live close to london so maybe going so far up north for DURHAM would be too far from home?

udisdhkjsdnlk sorry. please comment,, especially on durham and ucl as im thinkin i may chose one of those but i dunnnno and talk to me about the dif colleges in durham? which is the best/funnest!? and is durham boring and depressing? it apparently doesnt have much gooing on
THANKS SO SO SO MUCH XXXX
Reply 1
durham.. or UCL. london wont be lonley, yes it will be expesnvie, but youll have better career prospects there so will be able to pay it back sooner?! maybee. haha

id say UCL from what youve said
Reply 2
Jeez, with that post it's a wonder how you got into the above universities :s-smilie:

Have you actually bothered VISITING those universities? It's all good and well saying that a university has a good reputation but if you don't like it then there's no point going and spending 3 years there. I chose a less good university because I didn't like the campus of the better one.

From what you're saying, drop UCL and Manchester and you've said you'd prefer to do French. All over the UK it's cold but Sussex will be slightly warmer being south and closer to the sea. Personally, I love Brighton and it's only an hour from London, but I'd choose Durham because of the collegiate system and the different scenery. You'll find you don't go home that often when you're having a good time or when you've got lots of work on, but a 2-3hr trip isn't all that long when you've got a book/mp3 player etc. Durham is also close to Newcastle so you'll still get the nightlife if you want it.
Reply 3
Original post by 222ts
HELLO
im just so stuck and dont know what to do with my life lol
please can you tell me your opinions/experiences/stereotypes etc etc etc about these places cause im so so so so so stuck

basically ive got offers from
UCL: arch & anth
durham: anth and french
sussex: anth and french
manchester : arch and anth
waiting to hear from edinburgh which im sure ill be rejected from
SOOOO which one shall i go to?
-i hate the cold/lack of sun
-i think id prefer to do french instead of arch... that would be a better course AND id get to spend a yr abroad...
-in DURHAM ive applied to st chads.. opinions on this!?!!? appaz it is nice, and full of state school people (and i am one) so i thought it may not be as 'posh' or whatever people say but im probs totally wrong
-ucl i think is the best rep BUT it is in london so maybe lonely and blooody expensive
-i live close to london so maybe going so far up north for DURHAM would be too far from home?

udisdhkjsdnlk sorry. please comment,, especially on durham and ucl as im thinkin i may chose one of those but i dunnnno and talk to me about the dif colleges in durham? which is the best/funnest!? and is durham boring and depressing? it apparently doesnt have much gooing on
THANKS SO SO SO MUCH XXXX

Didn't you do a thread on this last week, but only with Durham vs UCL?

As everyone said in that thread, base your decision on your preferred subject choice, not how posh you THINK people are.

If you want to do anth&French, go to Durham/Sussex, if you want to do arch&anth go to UCL. It doesn't matter if you think UCL is the most perfect uni for you ever, if you're not doing the course you really want to do then you'll end up regretting your decision and not enjoying your 3 years.
Reply 4
I'd go for Durham. You sound like you prefer the course there and all that seems to worry you about it is that it might be a bit far from home. But don't worry. On a train, it's not that far away, just a few hours. :smile: Imagine if you were somewhere like Aberdeen, that is far away. :smile:
Plus, with UCL. It's a good Uni, but it's in London. A very expensive place to be.
Though Manchester is good. Good Uni, good place and not that far away from London (2 hours by train). Same with Edinburgh, good Uni, great city! But if you don't like being cold, maybe not. :tongue:
Ultimately, it's your decision. :smile:

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 5
visit them all before deciding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending