The Student Room Group

Please Help! - Canadian student applying through UCAS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KirstyK
When you receive offers of acceptance from universities they will either be a) unconditional or b) conditional (on you achieving x average). At which point you send in a transcript to prove you have achieved requisite average.

Oh, right. I see. I assumed you meant with the UCAS application, which is why I was confused.

Were you in an IB program? If not, what format were the conditional offers in (i.e. were they an average you had to achieve, or did they specify the subjects)?

Thanks very much.
Reply 21
Original post by punctuation
Oh, right. I see. I assumed you meant with the UCAS application, which is why I was confused.

Were you in an IB program? If not, what format were the conditional offers in (i.e. were they an average you had to achieve, or did they specify the subjects)?

Thanks very much.

No worries. :smile:

I did my OSSD. Conditional offers were along the lines of 'have 6 grade 12 university subjects with an average of 80%/85%' etc. From what I understand IB offers are similar to a 5/5/5 format with x in y subject.
Original post by KirstyK
No worries. :smile:

I did my OSSD. Conditional offers were along the lines of 'have 6 grade 12 university subjects with an average of 80%/85%' etc. From what I understand IB offers are similar to a 5/5/5 format with x in y subject.

HOORAY! You're the first Canadian applicant I've encountered who wasn't in IB. This is reassuring as I'm not either, and IB people aren't much help with OSSD stuff. :smile:

I see. Thanks very much, that helps loads. :biggrin:
Hi! I am also planning to apply to UK Universities with the OSSD and I was wondering what you meant when you said that you did not include predicted grades. I am also applying as an individual but when I contacted the universities they require Grade 12 predicted marks. I would like to ask what universities you applied to because the ones I am looking at says something else.

Quick Reply

Latest