The Student Room Group

How long does it take admin. offices to answer emails?

Hi!
Just wondered if anybody tried to contact an admission office via email and received a reply right away?
I wrote emails to four universities two weeks ago and still no answer.. :confused:
How long does it ususally take them to write back? Can't believe all four unis just discarded my mail? :eek:
Reply 1
Original post by thursday's_child
Hi!
Just wondered if anybody tried to contact an admission office via email and received a reply right away?
I wrote emails to four universities two weeks ago and still no answer.. :confused:
How long does it ususally take them to write back? Can't believe all four unis just discarded my mail? :eek:

They'll be busy around this time but two weeks sounds odd. Are you able to phone them? It's harder for them to ignore you if you're speaking on the phone to them.
Reply 2
They usually get back to you within a week but they've obviously ignored you, email them again or look for a contact number and talk to them directly.
Reply 3
Hope one of them isn't Swansea, 'cause the answer would be forever. :colone:

Just call them up, gets sorted so much faster.
Reply 4
If they haven't responded within 2 weeks I generally ring up. If you can try to talk directly to the faculty office you are wanting answers from. I find googling the faculty office, and finding the head of department useful. I emailed all the heads and got responses pretty much straight away. MMU head of IT emailed me back at 10.40pm on a sunday ... workaholic :P
Reply 5
I emailed Liverpool and they replied the next day... I also emailed UWE about 5 days ago and haven't got a reply yet so it varies!
Okay, so I guess they do ignore me..but all 4 unis? Kinda strange... Or maybe they have a special spam filter for all mail featuring the word ''fees'' :eek:
Call them ? Tell them to check for your email personally ?
That's what I'm gonna do.
THX for your input.
Reply 9
Well, once I was waiting for a repply from King's College for about 3 weeks...
Reply 10
Hi!

Are on of the unis Imperial by any chance?
Original post by mir3a
Are on of the unis Imperial by any chance?

Nope, UCL, Holloway, Thames Valley and Middlesex :frown:
Reply 12
Nope, UCL, Holloway, Thames Valley and Middlesex :frown:

Any decisions by any yet then?
I had questions about an application for the year 2013 but seems they havn't figured out how much they will raise fees, yet.
Reply 14
I had questions about an application for the year 2013 but seems they havn't figured out how much they will raise fees, yet.

I understand why they don't want to take precious time from helping current year applicants just to answer annoying questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending