The Student Room Group

Litigation Caseworker

Hi, is there anyone that works in at home office as a litigation caseworker? I would appreciate some help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi have you applied for it? I just got my PECs completed now and waiting start date. There's not much said about the post here in studentroom so was waiting for someone to post about it!! 😀
Hey. I’ve just found out my interview is next week. How long did it take you to find out you were accepted and all of the checks to be completed?
Original post by Chlo.moron
Hey. I’ve just found out my interview is next week. How long did it take you to find out you were accepted and all of the checks to be completed?

Hey i had my interview back in june and heard back august 1st week, then had my PECs done just last month, and just sorted my start date yesterday which is gonna be oct 31! 😀 goodluck with your interview!!
Reply 4
Original post by trixytwix
Hey i had my interview back in june and heard back august 1st week, then had my PECs done just last month, and just sorted my start date yesterday which is gonna be oct 31! 😀 goodluck with your interview!!

So you waited 3 months between getting an offer and starting? I just got offered the job today, I'm really hoping it doesn't take too long to start. Do you enjoy it, what's it like?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by trixytwix

Hey, how long did your interview last for and how many questions were there please?

So, how many strength based questions were asked and how many questions did they ask per behaviour please?
Reply 6
Original post by Beveyo
So you waited 3 months between getting an offer and starting? I just got offered the job today, I'm really hoping it doesn't take too long to start. Do you enjoy it, what's it like?

Hey, for your interview, how long did your interview last for and how many questions were there please?

So, how many strength based questions were asked and how many questions did they ask per behaviour please?
Reply 7
Original post by Chlo.moron
Hey. I’ve just found out my interview is next week. How long did it take you to find out you were accepted and all of the checks to be

Hey, how long did your interview last for and how many questions were there please?

Reply 8
Original post by opeoban
Hey, for your interview, how long did your interview last for and how many questions were there please?

Hello

For me it was 2 behaviours, delivering at pace and making effective decisions. I had 6 minutes to answer each question and I spoke for about 5 minutes 30 seconds each. There was then 3 strength based questions and you have 2 minutes to answer each. There was also a practice question.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Beveyo
Hello

For me it was 2 behaviours, delivering at pace and making effective decisions. I had 6 minutes to answer each question and I spoke for about 5 minutes 30 seconds each. There was then 3 strength based questions and you have 2 minutes to answer each. There was also a practice question.

Thank you so much! Those are the behaviours I’ve got also

I’m assuming you had 1 question for each behaviour?
Reply 10
Original post by opeoban
Thank you so much! Those are the behaviours I’ve got also

I’m assuming you had 1 question for each behaviour?

Yes, just one question for each, but I would recommend giving a very long answer to include all of the indicators. Good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by Beveyo
Yes, just one question for each, but I would recommend giving a very long answer to include all of the indicators. Good luck!

Ooh ok, yes I’ve prepared very detailed answers to a number of questions. Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 12
can you tell me what sort of questions they ask? If I talk around 3 to 4mins will it be enough? or Should I talk more in behaviour questions?
Reply 13
Original post by farita115
can you tell me what sort of questions they ask? If I talk around 3 to 4mins will it be enough? or Should I talk more in behaviour questions?

Hey so I just had my interview not too long ago.

They asked me 3 strength based questions; how do you process complex info, how do you make sure others understand when you explain something then another one. I spoke for roughly 1 minute for each of them.

I spoke for all 6 minutes when I did the behaviours. When I recorded myself it was around 3/4 minutes but when in the actual interview I just naturally spoke a bit longer. 3-4 minutes is still fine.

They also asked for 3 forms of ID, I gave passport, license and bank statement
Reply 14
Original post by opeoban
Hey so I just had my interview not too long ago.

They asked me 3 strength based questions; how do you process complex info, how do you make sure others understand when you explain something then another one. I spoke for roughly 1 minute for each of them.

I spoke for all 6 minutes when I did the behaviours. When I recorded myself it was around 3/4 minutes but when in the actual interview I just naturally spoke a bit longer. 3-4 minutes is still fine.

They also asked for 3 forms of ID, I gave passport, license and bank statement

Thanks. I have finished my interview in the evening. I think I spoke a lot. Especially in the strength question I spoke nearly the finishing time line. In case of 2 behaviour question I talk more than 4.5 mins to 5mins I guess. The last part of the section, I think I have messed up. As they asked me to show qualifications so I showed my academic degree and transcripts. I was not prepare for that. I did not know if I did the right thing. They again emailed me for IDs. So I sent them via email. I hope the last section was not marked.
Reply 15
Original post by Fairyfari
Thanks. I have finished my interview in the evening. I think I spoke a lot. Especially in the strength question I spoke nearly the finishing time line. In case of 2 behaviour question I talk more than 4.5 mins to 5mins I guess. The last part of the section, I think I have messed up. As they asked me to show qualifications so I showed my academic degree and transcripts. I was not prepare for that. I did not know if I did the right thing. They again emailed me for IDs. So I sent them via email. I hope the last section was not marked.

That sounds perfectly fine.

I also uploaded my degree qualifications as I assumed that that’s what they were asking for. They did say to talk about relevant experience and qualifications. Those are the only qualifications I have so I spoke briefly about them and uploaded my degree transcript.

I’m sure it will be fine. All the best to you!!! I will update the thread if I get any more correspondence
Reply 16

I interviewed for this job back in January. I wasn't expecting to be asked to show my degree either and I ran into the other room to grab my degree certificate and showed it to the camera. It was absolutely fine, no problems. If any of the ID's aren't suitable they will just ask for a different one at a later date, the only questions marked are the 2 behaviours (each out of 7) and the 3 strengths (each out of 4) I found the interview quite hard and thought I had messed it up but in the end I got the job, so don't worry! All the best, and I hope you are both successful!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Beveyo
I interviewed for this job back in January. I wasn't expecting to be asked to show my degree either and I ran into the other room to grab my degree certificate and showed it to the camera. It was absolutely fine, no problems. If any of the ID's aren't suitable they will just ask for a different one at a later date, the only questions marked are the 2 behaviours (each out of 7) and the 3 strengths (each out of 4) I found the interview quite hard and thought I had messed it up but in the end I got the job, so don't worry! All the best, and I hope you are both successful!

This is very reassuring. Thank you very much and big congratulations on your success!!
Reply 18
Thank you so much all for your kind words. I am actually disappointed as I just received email from Home Office Recruitment that I am unsuccessful in the AO post which I applied in March . Do you know the marks distribution of the interview in Home office AO casework support post? They gave me feedback. It said minimal demonstration :frown: . So, I am not sure if I will pass EO interview. Although I think I did a little better than my previous interview. AO was my first interview in CS.
Reply 19
Thank you so much all for your kind words. I am actually disappointed as I just received email from Home Office Recruitment that I am unsuccessful in the AO post which I applied in March . Do you know the marks distribution of the interview in Home office AO casework support post? They gave me feedback. It said minimal demonstration :frown: . So, I am not sure if I will pass EO interview. Although I think I did a little better than my previous interview. AO was my first interview in CS.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the AO :frown: All civil service jobs are marked out of 7 for behaviours and 4 for strengths, with the pass mark for behaviours being 4 and 2 for strengths, although getting that mark won't always mean you're successful but rather you might get onto a reserve list depending on how many positions there are and other people's scores. They mark it based upon the success profiles for the behaviours which are different at each grade, based upon how well they think you demonstrated the definition, I think minimal demonstration corresponds with a score of 2. It's good to write down something for every indicator and incorporate it into your answer. On the other hand, with strengths, 2 marks are assessed by the content of your answer and the other 2 are for how drawn you appear to be to the strength, such as through body language and an enthusiastic tone. It can be quite hard to learn all the rules but I'd recommend studying the application process in depth in order to know exactly what they're looking for and increase your scores further!
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending