The Student Room Group

agh damn Ex GF

so two and a half weeks ago me and my girl split up, because she goes to boarding school and only comes home at weekends, and is going away for a month in December. She thought it didn't feel right even though i could deal with it as i'm not too bothered, so it was pretty much her who really ended things. The last thing i said to her was that i respected that it was more circumstances that ended us, and that i wasn't particularly pissed off at her, but needed space for abit so i could move on.

Tonight was the first time i decided to get hammered since it ended, i made specific plans not to go to any bars she may be in, but low and behold she was in one of them. I was pretty drunk and acted like i didn't see her for abit. Could tell she saw me though. I was cornered in a position where that when it came to leave the bar i'd have to walk by her. When this time came i walked by with the intention of making ******** talk, but she was distracted so i just kept going.

Went on to the next bar and checked my phone, she'd sent me a text

"hey, i didn't wanna come up to you, but i hope you're ok and have a good night. Jan"

What the **** should i reply to that with. I suspect she may have her doubts about the choice she made, as during the breakup she kept saying she wasn't sure. I also heard she was upset about it from a mutual friend. But that message was not necessary. I'm trying to just keep my mind off her and move on, but that doesn't help. I dont want to act immature and ignore her. What is the best way to reply to that kind of message?

I've never been split up with before so its abit of a new thing to me and is not fun. [but maybe karma getting me back for the times i have split up with people]
Reply 1
I think it was nice of her to do that because it may have looked like she was totally blanking you. It seems like it was civil and nothing more to me.
yeah just seems like she is being nice, showing there is no hard feelings or anything...seems like she is ok and is moving on, the best thing to do may be just to send a similar message to her, thats if you wanna stay in contact with her or become/stay friends, if you dont think you can do that then just leave it for now, send an email explaining it is still too soon for you or something...
Reply 3
i sent one back saying it wasn't a good time for me to approach her or her approach me, what with our big groups, she replied saying she just didn't want to come across rude. I said "i didn't expect to see you tonight so there is no need to apologise"

i'm usually pretty good with break ups, but this one i've nothing to really be angry about, so its abit harder. Sucks when you go out with your mates to "get over it" and see the one you are trying to avoid. Think i should ban myself from going out saturdays.

i'll wake up tommorow thinking WTF, i did drink alot and it isn't good for these matters.
Reply 4
No kiss (x) !?

If you don't even get that, you know she ain't interested.

Latest

Trending

Trending