The Student Room Group

I've got 5 uni choices filled...

Hi

I've got 5 uni choices fill with my choice of university and course (as most people do :smile: )

My question is this.

Can I cancel a choice to which it has not received a reply, and thus replace it with another? I made the application in October '10.

UCAS doesn't seem to give all the scenarios on their website.

- Kiron
Original post by kironkabir
Hi

I've got 5 uni choices fill with my choice of university and course (as most people do :smile: )

My question is this.

Can I cancel a choice to which it has not received a reply, and thus replace it with another? I made the application in October '10.

UCAS doesn't seem to give all the scenarios on their website.

- Kiron

If you wanted to do what you'd mentioned you would have to press substitute, not cancel and be within the 2 week window of sending your application.
Reply 2
No. You are only able to substitute a course choice up to 14 days after you have sent your application to UCAS.
Reply 3
If you retract an one of your choices, you'll only have the other four left. You can't replace it with another after the two week window.
Original post by Delaney
No. You are only able to substitute a course choice up to 14 days after you have sent your application to UCAS.

Almost right; it's within a fortnight from the date on your welcome letter for UCAS, which is after the date you sent it. :smile:

OP: No, that won't work at this stage.
Reply 5
Original post by TheSownRose
Almost right; it's within a fortnight from the date on your welcome letter for UCAS, which is after the date you sent it. :smile:

OP: No, that won't work at this stage.

Thank you everyone. :hat2:
I'll try my luck in UCAS Extra in a few weeks time...
Reply 6
Thank you everyone. :hat2:
I'll try my luck in UCAS Extra in a few weeks time...

Thats awfuly risky as you lose all your current offers- are you sure you are this unhappy with your current options?
Reply 7
Original post by Pheebs1201
Thats awfuly risky as you lose all your current offers- are you sure you are this unhappy with your current options?

At the moment I only hold 1 offer, and yet to hear from a few others.

I was thinking of calling the admission office of my desired choice to see if they have vacancies in the course.

Are they obliged in telling me if places are available?
Reply 8

I was thinking of calling the admission office of my desired choice to see if they have vacancies in the course.

They should do.
Reply 9

Read Extra before doing anything else.
Reply 10
Original post by Minerva
Read Extra before doing anything else.

Oh thanks.
I wasn't aware of this article beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending