The Student Room Group

Getting a (very) late remark (AQA)

I didn't know where to post this, so hope its OK here.

A friend asked me this today. He was looking at his old A-Level grades, its been just over 2 years since he finished his A Levels.

He claims to have only took a close look at them now and realised some of the module marks that he'd being given. Overall he didn't do too bad though.

He said he thought of getting a remark done then but just didnt have the money/time/hassle etc. to bother with it.

He was wondering if its still possible 2 years on to pay for a remark on some of his old scripts?

Is there a time limit that anybody is aware of? Or does he simply have to ring his exam board?

Apologies if its a stupid question. I just thought it was an interesting suggestion.
You have a month after results day to apply for a remark. Getting a remark from an exam sat 2 years ago is out of the question.

Clearly your friend didn't think he needed a remark that badly at the time otherwise he would have dealt with it then. Its too late now.
Reply 2
Original post by Steph90
I didn't know where to post this, so hope its OK here.

A friend asked me this today. He was looking at his old A-Level grades, its been just over 2 years since he finished his A Levels.

He claims to have only took a close look at them now and realised some of the module marks that he'd being given. Overall he didn't do too bad though.

He said he thought of getting a remark done then but just didnt have the money/time/hassle etc. to bother with it.

He was wondering if its still possible 2 years on to pay for a remark on some of his old scripts?

Is there a time limit that anybody is aware of? Or does he simply have to ring his exam board?

Apologies if its a stupid question. I just thought it was an interesting suggestion.

All the exam papers are destroyed after a few months, they cannot keep them all!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by oxymoronic

Original post by oxymoronic
You have a month after results day to apply for a remark. Getting a remark from an exam sat 2 years ago is out of the question.

Clearly your friend didn't think he needed a remark that badly at the time otherwise he would have dealt with it then. Its too late now.

He doesn't. He just thought it maybe possible, so he would have gave it a shot.

Considering he hasn't done History since then and his knowledge of totalitarian regimes, I was suprised to see that he only got a C in that module. He has nothing really to gain or lose from a remark. It will barely effect him. It was more of hypothetical question I think, as opposed to a serious proposition.

Thanks to both of you, for your input anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending