The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Mutedmirth

By mutedmirth at 2012-01-24

Well that looks nice.

By mutedmirth at 2012-01-24

And uh, is that properly cooked? I had to nuke it some extra minutes because the cheese (I assume it's cheese) on top hadn't melted... but well it's in the oven now to try and make it look edible.

I should learn that microwaving meals make it look so much worse.

Hahaha, when you microwave anything, you're always left with that "crusty cardboard edging" and the centre is always "not sure if the cheese is really melted properly and isn't even really that hot..."-tastic...
Most of this thread makes me glad I don't eat meat, god damn at some of those. You're stronger people than I am
Original post by TotoMimo
Hahaha, when you microwave anything, you're always left with that "crusty cardboard edging" and the centre is always "not sure if the cheese is really melted properly and isn't even really that hot..."-tastic...

There wasn't a crusty edge with this one XD not until I put it into the oven, which is surprising as I usually remember ready meals to go that way. I haven't had a ready meal in years, only got this due to circumstances, normally I stay away and cook my own. If I have another one again, I'm not going to be lazy, it's going in the oven.
Reply 763
This.

But for £1.50, and being at Uni, you can't really argue :smile:

And these.

Reply 764

"Lightlife Smart Bacon Rashers" are apparently "bacon-like rashers, but a healthier option". On the box, certainly seems that way.

In real life?

Looks like a couple of bits of dry pastrami, or a cooked Alsatian's tongue.
Reply 765
I just saw this, stumbling across it on Freezeraislefiles, and HAD to post it.

It's not that this meal looks particularly BAD, being traditional fried chicken, mash and corn, it's a fairly average attempt; but COME ON. That bit of chicken looks like a toddler lost in Sainsburys. The entire compartment is SO BARREN and EMPTY.

Oh, and, as for that mash... is that... liquid in there? :s-smilie:
Reply 766
Instead of doing the "WTF, LOOKS LIKE CRAP!" deal, I just want to say, minus some lettuce fringe etc, PRETTY FREAKIN' GOOD JOB, MCDONALDS, STIRLING.

This quarter pounder actually looked badass today.
Reply 767
anyone else getting hungry, i love to see more pics, it is soo interesting.
Reply 768

WHO NICKED ALL MY CHOCOLATE TOPPING!? The box pic makes it look like it's just EXPLODING with SO MUCH FREAKING CHOCOLATE, but the actual thing is like, "hey, the Haagen Dazs factory is situated down the street from the chocolate factory and occasionally there's marginal cross-contamination."

WHO NICKED ALL MY CHOCOLATE TOPPING!? The box pic makes it look like it's just EXPLODING with SO MUCH FREAKING CHOCOLATE, but the actual thing is like, "hey, the Haagen Dazs factory is situated down the street from the chocolate factory and occasionally there's marginal cross-contamination."

I'd still bang it. Did it have a chocco bottom?
Instead of doing the "WTF, LOOKS LIKE CRAP!" deal, I just want to say, minus some lettuce fringe etc, PRETTY FREAKIN' GOOD JOB, MCDONALDS, STIRLING.

This quarter pounder actually looked badass today.

Still a little concerned with what this

is.
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

is.

LOL.

Burger wart.
Despite one normal slice of that bad boy having a quarter of my day's calories, and despite being totally freaking RIDICULICIOUS, I have to say, Pizza Hut's Cheesy Bites look nothing like how they do in all the adverts/pictures.

that pizza is ****ing beautiful
Reply 773

is.

Actually can't stop laughing..
Reply 774

is.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't notice that in the photo, so probably would have eaten the whole thing...
Reply 775
What's wrong? Everyone seems perplexed at the beefsticle.
Reply 776

Photoshop's 'colour burn' filter has a lot to answer for.
God almighty Bex, that looks like one solid entity. Like a patty. Like you could pick it up as a single object and put it on a sandwich. Except you wouldn't, because it looks terrifying.

That daal. Oh GOD that daal. WHAT EVEN IS IT. Because there's one damn thing it sure as hell isn't - daal.

Anyway, here's a delicious sweet brioche bun, absolutely BURSTING with chocolate chips. I can't wait for the chips to melt on my tongue, dancing like little cocoa fairies amidst their buttery brioche sanctuary with every bite. I mean look at the promo pictures... it actually looks like there are so many chocolate chips, some are being EVICTED from the bun. Literally EJECTED.

The reality is quite the opposite... notice how it *appears* as though there are three full chocolate chips. But this is an illusion - if you look at the second picture, and see the chip on the far left of the bun... you'll notice this is just chocolate chip aftermath. There WAS a chip that lived here once...

...he died though.

you have made my day ahahaha that was one of the best and funniest posts ive ever seen on tsr :P +1 for you.

I love how in the last picture, the guy underneath the mac is like "Hey, get out of the way, I'm trying to play here" XD
Reply 779
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
I love how in the last picture, the guy underneath the mac is like "Hey, get out of the way, I'm trying to play here" XD

LOL. I totally didn't notice this. It's like he's the one who's just nudged it away!! THAT'S AWESOME.

Quick Reply

Latest