The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Nightlife

I'm thinking of applying to Warwick next year as my fourth choice, but I was just wondering if there was a good nightlife scene? Is there a good number of people who enjoy going out every night, getting drunk etc? Are there enough bars?

My other choices are as follows:

1 - Oxford (Economics and Management)
2 - UCL (Economics and Geography)
3 - LSE (Geography with Economics)
4 - Warwick (Economics and Industrial Organization)
5 - Leeds (Economics and Management)
Reply 1
The Student Union is pretty lively and easy to get to, though people tend to branch out after freshers. You have the choice of pubs/clubs in Leamington Spa, Coventry or for a big night out you can get the Uni Express to Birmingham for Gatecrasher etc. It's not the best in terms of nightlife, but it's certainly not bad.

On a more-important-than-nightlife-note, your choices severely lack an insurance option. You need somewhere below AAA to fall back on if you don't get your grades.
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Krydel
The Student Union is pretty lively and easy to get to, though people tend to branch out after freshers. You have the choice of pubs/clubs in Leamington Spa, Coventry or for a big night out you can get the Uni Express to Birmingham for Gatecrasher etc. It's not the best in terms of nightlife, but it's certainly not bad.

On a more-important-than-nightlife-note, your choices severely lack an insurance option. You need somewhere below AAA to fall back on if you don't get your grades.

Thank you!! But are the people like geeks looking awkward after two shots?? Or like normal, cool, chatty people?

I should be fine with the choices, LSE is AAB, Ranging up to A*AA. Ive been predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Geography.

One worry I do have is my Personal Statement for the LSE and UCL courses, as I am predominantly applying for Economics and these involve Geography, so I hope I could squeeze enough content in there.
Reply 3
Be warned - with those choices, assuming you get in, you'll find you have to pull back on partying every night yourself if you want a decent degree. If you want to party solid for three years I wouldn't choose a load of unis that will be largely full of studious people who are interested in their courses and like studying.
As long as there is somewhere to buy a pint from 1pm, I'll be happy
Reply 5
Original post by megaduck
Be warned - with those choices, assuming you get in, you'll find you have to pull back on partying every night yourself if you want a decent degree. If you want to party solid for three years I wouldn't choose a load of unis that will be largely full of studious people who are interested in their courses and like studying.

Theres still a lot going on in London, one of my sisters went there and it wasnt that bad, and Leeds is renowned as "party uni". I will work, and am happy to be around focussed people, I just really enjoy a lively nightlife scene too!

Quick Reply

Latest