The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ItsRach
sweet :smile: what course are you going to be doing?

I'm doing social and economic history, what about you?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 21
I am currently living in Greenbank in R&G and have to say I would really recommend it. It's catered which I know some people don't like the idea but it's really social because you meet people in the dining hall. Personally I really enjoy the food, and there’s loads of choice so it's really easy to find something you like, even if you're really fussy. You get 3 courses in the week with a choice of 2 soups and another starter such as garlic bread or chicken wings. Then there's a choice of up to 6 or 7 main options with 2 or 3 vegetarian options. Then there's a salad bar which there unlimited use of. On top of that there’s a good selection of puddings and fruit. I think the food at Greenbank it better than Carnatic but I don't think it's awful there.

The blocks are all connected to a neighbouring block which makes it really easy to meet loads of people. The rooms themselves are fairly average, but with a few pictures on the walls it feels really homely. If you're not on the bottom floor you get a balcony which is pretty useful to keep drinks cold. Sharing the toilet and shower has never been a problem for me, I think I've had to wait for the shower once since September and they get cleaned every day, so again, this isn't really an issue. You get a sink in your room too which is pretty useful.

I have seen a lot of people who want to apply to Prospect Point and while I know of many people having a good time there, I know of people who have moved from there into either Carnatic or Greenbank because they feel Prospect Point is really antisocial.

The bus has never really been a problem. If you have a 9 o clock start you just need to be sure you get to the bus stop that little bit earlier because of the queue, but Greenbank gets its own buses in the morning so you will get to uni on time. They run until 11.30 at night going into town and end at midnight coming back so it's really easy to get into town for a night out. Taxis are so cheap here that it's maybe only a few pounds each coming back, so it's really not an issue.

I don't know that much about Carnatic apart from my friends there seem to have a really good time. The halls might not look the nicest from the outside but inside they're generally fine. As mentioned earlier, don't think the food is as good as Greenbank but it's not terrible, and the people I know who live there seem to think its ok.

So basically I would recommend Greenbank, then Carnatic for freshers because it is where the majority of first years live so you're going to find loads of people who want a good time.

Hope this is of some help :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by NikoWatio
I'm doing social and economic history, what about you?

I actually considered studying that at one time. I'm doing Business Studies and Politics :smile:
Reply 23
who else is applying for prospect point? and what course?
Reply 24
Original post by minicuckoo
I'm hopefully going to do Civil engineering, what about you?
I think we can confirm it now but I was also looking at D&R and maybe dale...

dentistry
i think prospect point is probably the best one
Reply 25
Original post by choc1234

I'm going to apply for Prospect point. I'm going to study Business studies and Politics.
Reply 26
I'm about to apply for Prospect point, too. Geology course :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by heaven359
I'm about to apply for Prospect point, too. Geology course :smile:

have you had your invitation to apply?
Reply 28
no, not yet. I thought that you need to have unconditional before they send you an invitation or am I wrong?
Original post by ItsRach
is anybody here on a gap year?

Yes of sorts, by dropping out though rather than choosing it from the start.
Reply 30
Original post by heaven359
no, not yet. I thought that you need to have unconditional before they send you an invitation or am I wrong?

I think you're right, I just assumed you had an invitation since you said you was 'about to' apply, lol my bad.
Reply 31
Original post by ItsRach
I think you're right, I just assumed you had an invitation since you said you was 'about to' apply, lol my bad.

hah no, it's me actually :biggrin: English is not my native language so it can't be perfect lol :biggrin:
Is Prospect Point a longer contract than the others?
Reply 33
Sorry guys I'm rubbish and forget I post thingss!!

I'm going to be studying Politcs! Torn between Liverpool and Lancaster!

Let's hope all us prospect party animals get put together then eh!!

Thanks for all the replies :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by choc1234

I'm applying for Prospect Point and I'm doing Politics :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Jack McGill
Yes of sorts, by dropping out though rather than choosing it from the start.

I dropped out too! So thus on a gap year!
Original post by Chessieee
I dropped out too! So thus on a gap year!

Ahh ok which uni? I left Essex uni.
Reply 37
I left Uni of Leeds! Was doing theatre-hated it!! What made you leave?
All the accommodations on campus are great. Lived in Carnatic before but personally I wouldnt recommend Carnatic, the rooms are overpriced, overrated and some of them are REALLY old. Yes they are secure and yes u meet nice people. But to be honest it applies to on-campus ones as well.
The location is too inconvenient for going to the uni or for a night out. Another 270 quids for the bus pass per year and u will have to leave 45 mins before the class. In fact sometimes u might not be able to get a bus when it is full. So overall I would suggest u apply for the on-campus ones as soon as possible if u could with Prospect Point stands out as the best .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
As clipperboyz suggested. OP have you looked at the on-campus accomodation (Philarmonic and Mulberry)? You get the whole cooking for yourself thing, and your a walk from town (so no taxi fare at the end of the night). Also, in the case of philharmonic, some blocks (towards the back end of the alphabet) have 1 bathroom between 2 rooms (and the rooms are huge)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending