The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been to it once and it was foul. Vile simplistic chicken and having to get one's own plates and cutlery - wtf.
Reply 21
My complaint at the Stirling branch is the exact opposite of yours, TC, I've been twice and both times the chicken has been unbelievably dry and bland.

"BUT PUT ON THE SAUCE! PUT ON THE SAUCE!" I hear you cry.

Well, yeah, the sauce IS great. But I'd far rather put the sauce on something really good as opposed to disappointing; I could just buy a bottle of the XXHot Nando's and put it on some home-grilled chicken done on the Georgie-boy Foremanator.

It might be an isolated case, maybe that branch is just crap. But I don't care for the "McDonalds tier food" with the "you're fooling yourself with that knife and fork" atmosphere either. Once again, might be enhanced if that particular restaurant is a bit poo-poo-pa-choo.
Original post by Nutmegs
One time at Nandos Example wouldn't let me use his black card to get free Nandos.

haha, i'd rep if i could :tongue:
Reply 23
Yes, I once found a pube in my chicken burger! They gave me another one by way of an apology, I suppose, but as you can imagine my appetite had sort of gone by that point. What you've described sounds absolutely foul, and it's very offputting! I think I might just become a vegetarian, as I don't think blood coming out of chicken is particularly reflective of Nandos...just the vile things that could strike at any moment if you're a meat eater. Ew.
Reply 24
Yep, there was a bug in my salad. The manager denied this, despite the fact it was f**king moving. In the end I got a refund and free meal, still go there from time to time.
Only in the bathroom the next day. :erm:
Reply 26
Nope, Nando's is perfect, the food is FIT. :sogood:
my friend applied for a job there. she turned up and worked 4 hours so they could observe her and decide whether or not to employ her then it turned out the supervisor wasn't even at work to observe so she was told to come back another day.

did another 4 hour shift and the guy wasn't there again. turns out she didn't get the job and wasn't even paid for the 8 hours she did.....

i refuse to eat at my local nandos now.
Reply 28
yeah! waitress spat in my drink. Then gave me her number.. poor service =(
Original post by domino0806
I've been to it once and it was foul. Vile simplistic chicken and having to get one's own plates and cutlery - wtf.

That must have been terribly distressing for you. :frown:
No, but then I always have the portabello mushroom and halloumi burger when I am there. Not vegetarian but it is so, so yummy :3
Reply 31
Never Nandos is the best especially when it comes to the chickens :biggrin:.
Reply 32
YES

I ordered a burger and there was a hair in it, so I asked for it to be taken back and replaced and I got another one with ANOTHER hair in it.

I was too embarrased to make a fuss so we just paid and left.
I've never been to nandos :frown:
Reply 34
I was there once; average chicken and below average chips. NEXT.
My ex gf said she had to wait like an hour to get her food. But the food's GREAT!
Reply 36
I don't understand what the nandos hype is about I prefer my local takeaway much cheaper and better quality.
Reply 37
I've never been to Nandos... Never even seen one.

Is it like a restaurant or a fast-food place or what? Is it Mexican food?
Reply 38
Hated the chicken! I kinda wanted to like it from what everyone said aswell:erm:
Reply 39
Original post by Nutmegs
One time at Nandos Example wouldn't let me use his black card to get free Nandos.

That's quality I was scrolling down just too see if anyone had the cheek to put an example comment in; good call :wink::cool:

Latest