The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Long Response Time?

Hi all,

I applied for a postgrad course middle of February. After telling me they were going to get back to me within 4 weeks, they extended it to 8, then 12, and now 'however long it takes' and it is getting to the point now where I am really late and desperate to sort out housing/having to apply for permanent jobs if I get rejected. I have emailed at least five times since I applied, always getting the same nondescript response and I am absolutely sick of it. If I had more options I'd withdraw my application, but I don't really. Has anyone else had this experience or at least any advice or magic trick how I can make them make a decision quicker...?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

I applied for a postgrad course middle of February. After telling me they were going to get back to me within 4 weeks, they extended it to 8, then 12, and now 'however long it takes' and it is getting to the point now where I am really late and desperate to sort out housing/having to apply for permanent jobs if I get rejected. I have emailed at least five times since I applied, always getting the same nondescript response and I am absolutely sick of it. If I had more options I'd withdraw my application, but I don't really. Has anyone else had this experience or at least any advice or magic trick how I can make them make a decision quicker...?

Hiya

I'm sorry you've had to go through this, I can imagine how unpleasant it may have been. Have you tried filling up the Ask Us form? They usually respond quicker to queries over there instead of through email so I'd definitely recommend doing that if you haven't already. Also if you live in the UK, you can ring up the admissions department and speak to them directly. Here's more info on both these options: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/ask-us/

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest