The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Pharmacy at Reading?

Hello all

I am applying for pharmacy for entry 2006 and am considering Reading. I would very much apprieciate any general commments from any reading students who like/dislike the uni. Particulary any Pharmacy students' opinions would be very much welcomed about how the course is and the teaching. Im aware that Pharmacy is a new course at Reading and wondered if anyone choose it over a more established school of Pharmacy.

As i dont live in London or anywhere near it i would also like to hear views on the overall cost of living for students. Is it as expensive as London? Has the expensive put any students off applying to Reading?

Thank you for any comments posted.

Dr D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my friend sara is applying for reading, i'm not totally sure about accomodation, but reading as a town is still pretty expensive, the students i know live with families from our church so they're okay, good luck with finding somewhere for good value :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
I have sent you a PM! :smile:
Did you get in to do pharmacy at Reading in the end?? i dont know anybody else who is! I am! :smile:
Reply 4
matt9999999999
Did you get in to do pharmacy at Reading in the end?? i dont know anybody else who is! I am! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5720489#post5720489

Looks like he did get in, mate.
Reply 5
Yep im in thankfully!

We shud make this a thread for evryone whos doin pharmacy at Reading.
There has got to be more of us then 2 or 3!
Reply 6
well count me in..that makes about 4!!
Reply 7
and me , 5
Reply 8
hey i guess im the sixth person here to be studying pharmacy! I'll be staying in halls, but so far i have not heard anything from the accomodation office as to where i can stay. can anyone help me out as to which the best halls of residents to stay are? i'm wanting self catered, ensuite but more importantly single sex.

also being a muslim female i wanted to know if there is an islamic society or whether there are many muslim students???

:smile:
Reply 9
count me in as no. 7. have you guys recieved anything from the pharmacy dept, like the reading lists or welcome pack etc?? also where you guys staying ?
Reply 10
whats thr grade requirements and is this accredited
Reply 11
Im staying in bridges. Evryone else?

No i havent recieved anyfink from the pharmacy dept, or from the uni itself. I got my accom info come through so i was relived.

Btw it isnt accreditted yet but its only a formality to get the 1st year students through.
Reply 12
i havnet gt accomadation!! though really hope i do- am looking forward to pharmacy ...new buildings!!
Reply 13
I'm number 8!!!!
Reply 14
Guys it is down to the 8 of us... thought there wud b more than that to keep this thread goin!

Just post about anyfink remotely to do with Reading or Pharmacy. I started it in Nov 05 and want to keep it goin forever!

So has anyone got a reading list or bought any books?
Do you know if we have to buy labcoats/saftey specs etc and if so how much?

Anyways hope to see evry1 there, we need to have i belong to tsr badges!
Dr D
Reply 15
lol dr d u joker!!
well no havent bought any books and dont plan to get anythng until i go to the intro lecture there. after that il realsie what i need to get
Reply 16
make me the ninth person
Reply 17
hey guys, i mighta told some of you already, but i know sum1 who's just dun their first year at reading doing pharmacy and she's going to print off our timetable for me - will fill you guys in when i get it (looks like lots of nasty early starts tho methinks). also she says its a good idea to look in the library at the books before you actually buy any coz there are loads of different versions like some with nice pictures, or boring ones wiv just loads of writing lol. x x x
Reply 18
ive spoken to a lot of people that r doin pharmacy in readin, they say most of the days at uni r full startin from nine n finishin after 5, hope ours aint like dat to
Reply 19
Hey people

Does any1 know if the pharmacy course already has all its modules eg its 120 credits so we dont have an choice?

I fink readin it that is the case

Latest

Trending

Trending