The Student Room Group

acting degree in clearing possible?

My son just got rejected from his 1st choice uni for an acting degree despite getting right down to the last few recalled. He knows why though, he fluffed the last stage interview due to his nerves getting the better of him . He withdrew from two auditions as he decided at the last minute the courses werent for him plus he desperately wanted his first choice. He has a 5th app in atm and is waiting for a decision about auditioning him but tbh he isnt as fussed about that course. My question is, do acting degrees come up in clearing and if so could he apply for a clearing place from the uni he really wants which just rejected him. He knows they were interested or he wouldnt have got as far as he did but thinks they may think he is too much of a live wire because he couldnt stop his motor mouth. He is so talented and is gutted that he couldnt get a grip of his nerves as he knows it cost him his place. Also, suppose his final choice offers him a place, is it a huge risk to decline it in favour of going through clearing especially for an acting degree.
Reply 1
Technically it's possible, but I'd be VERY surprised if an acting course ended up in clearing. They're so competitive.

If he really doesn't want to go to his last choice then he should think about having a gap year and spend the time doing things to do with theatre - experience really helps when applying to acting schools and they don't take people straight from college very often unless they have lots of experience or are particularly outstanding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending