The Student Room Group

Changed my mind on what course i want to study.

i applied to Uni for Computer science in december and i currently hold offers for Newcastle, QMUL, Aston and Leicester. However i have decided i don’t want to do compsci at Uni anymore and i want to do accounting and finance . What should i do? do i have to rely on clearing/ Gap year or is there a way i could change my offer?.

for clearing, is accounting and finance usually avaialble in russel groups?
Original post by raz.1
i applied to Uni for Computer science in december and i currently hold offers for Newcastle, QMUL, Aston and Leicester. However i have decided i don’t want to do compsci at Uni anymore and i want to do accounting and finance . What should i do? do i have to rely on clearing/ Gap year or is there a way i could change my offer?.
for clearing, is accounting and finance usually avaialble in russel groups?

Are you happy with the accounting and finance courses at any of the unis at which you hold CS offers? If so, you could ask to switch.

If they all say no, or you don't want A&F at those unis, then have a look at UCAS Extra. Failing that then it's clearing or a gap year.
Plan a gap year.
Get a job and do some calm thinking about what you want to do - and why.
Hi there,

Here are a few things you might want to consider in pursuing Accounting and Finance instead of Computer Science.

It is possible to change your course before the start of university but the process varies depending on the institution. You will definitely have to contact the admission team where you hold offers and fill out additional paperwork, undergo additional assessments, and in some cases, an interview.

If changing your course is not an option and you decide to apply to a different university, Clearing might be your best option. At some Russel Group Institutions, Accounting and Finance courses may be availabe through Clearing; however, availability varies each year, so it would be best to check the UCAS Clearing listings or individual university websites.

Lastly, taking a gap year is another option if you wish to reapply next year for Accounting and Finance. Additionally, this could give you more time to gain relevant experience and qualifications that can strengthen your application

Remember, it’s best to act quickly and communicate with the universities to understand all your options and eligibility.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending