The Student Room Group

Changing Course Error

Hi, when I applied to student finance wales I wasn't completely sure where I was going to firm but put York as I thought it was most likely. I've now firmed Durham so need to change my application. I've finished the application, sent evidence and everythings been approved and its gave me the dates they'll pay me/york etc.

When I click make a change to my application, then change course, I search for my new course, re-fill in that section of the form, and then get this error:

"Error 1: You must leave your current course before you start your new course"

I've spent ages trying to search for a button to delete my previous course or anything, but can't find anything?
Has anyone had this problem before, or any ideas what to do? I've rang up but they weren't very helpful, just said to fill in the paper form, which I obviously will do if I can't find out how to do it online, just this way seems so much quicker. Thanks.
Original post by magicalelf
Hi, when I applied to student finance wales I wasn't completely sure where I was going to firm but put York as I thought it was most likely. I've now firmed Durham so need to change my application. I've finished the application, sent evidence and everythings been approved and its gave me the dates they'll pay me/york etc.

When I click make a change to my application, then change course, I search for my new course, re-fill in that section of the form, and then get this error:

"Error 1: You must leave your current course before you start your new course"

I've spent ages trying to search for a button to delete my previous course or anything, but can't find anything?
Has anyone had this problem before, or any ideas what to do? I've rang up but they weren't very helpful, just said to fill in the paper form, which I obviously will do if I can't find out how to do it online, just this way seems so much quicker. Thanks.

You'll have to fill in and send them a Change of Circumstances (CO1) form.
Reply 2
hiya.
im having the same problem, what did you end up doing?
Reply 3
Original post by quwute
hiya.
im having the same problem, what did you end up doing?

I sent the form off, and it was changed the next day! :smile:
Reply 4
hii i'm having the same problem where do i get the form from? :smile: i can only find one for 2010/11 :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by mykk_x
hii i'm having the same problem where do i get the form from? :smile: i can only find one for 2010/11 :/

well mine was from student finance wales so im not sure, but id guess somewhere on here
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/DG_194466
Reply 6
Where is this form?
Reply 7
Original post by Jonario
Where is this form?

It's not been released yet for 2011/12 for some reason. It's going to be released in May apparently.
Reply 8
not sure if this helps, but i managed to change it somehow without using a form?
i somehow bypassed the error message ? but i must have tried about 10 times and tried clicking everywhere :s-smilie: but now it's done :biggrin:
Reply 10

That is the wrong form, it is for 2010/11. The form for 2011/12 hasn't been released yet. It does state on that page to make sure you use the form for the correct academic year
Reply 11
Same prob for me, but I think I'll have to call them.
Reply 12
I had the same problem, I called them yesterday and as soon as I came off the phone it had been changed
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 13
It is best to ring, but I advise sending a form in aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending