The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Freshers was really well planned this year (I'm a current 1st year) They gave you like a booklet that had a grid of everything going on everyday. Btw there is no way you'll make (or possibly want to) everything. The main things are the engine shed every night of freshers. They sell like a deal on tickets, its about £30 for one for every night. I bought them all and ended up selling 3 to people in the queue on various nights as i wanted to go to stuff in town instead. It was good to have the choice though.

Playzone, I think they planned 2 days to go last sept. I was like anybody who wanted to go met at a meeting point and they walked everybody together (so you don't get lost).

P.s don't worry about making friends, in freshers most people don't know anybody and the 1st couple of nights people tend to go out with their new flat mates as they are the only people you've met until you start classes. Everybody worries about it, but just have fun and don't spend all your loan, you'll regret it in December. teehee
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by c_hurrell
Freshers was really well planned this year (I'm a current 1st year) They gave you like a booklet that had a grid of everything going on everyday. Btw there is no way you'll make (or possibly want to) everything. The main things are the engine shed every night of freshers. They sell like a deal on tickets, its about £30 for one for every night. I bought them all and ended up selling 3 to people in the queue on various nights as i wanted to go to stuff in town instead. It was good to have the choice though.

Playzone, I think they planned 2 days to go last sept. I was like anybody who wanted to go met at a meeting point and they walked everybody together (so you don't get lost).

P.s don't worry about making friends, in freshers most people don't know anybody and the 1st couple of nights people tend to go out with their new flat mates as they are the only people you've met until you start classes. Everybody worries about it, but just have fun and don't spend all your loan, you'll regret it in December. teehee

Yeah I've seen a copy of the programme frm last year and it look really well. But there's pleantly of stuff I woudn't be interested in, such as football!
I haven't totally understood what you're saying about the deal on tickets. Could you rephrase it please?

I'll be living in a studio with my fiance, but luckily i've met some people on here who are going, so I might meet up with them or my close neighbours :smile:
Ahhhh! Not long now!

Have any current students heard anything about what might be going on over freshers?
Reply 23
Afraid not yet
Ok, cool. Please keep us updated if you hear anything!
Reply 25
I can't believe how quickly it is coming round, september isn't far away! eeek!
Original post by creamegg1
I can't believe how quickly it is coming round, september isn't far away! eeek!

I know! Time really does fly!
Reply 27
I'm starting to get quite nervous about it all now! I've moved schools 4 times so you'd think I'd be more ready for it but I still worry about not knowing anybody! :K: 2 months! Ahhhh.
Original post by Looose
I'm starting to get quite nervous about it all now! I've moved schools 4 times so you'd think I'd be more ready for it but I still worry about not knowing anybody! :K: 2 months! Ahhhh.

I think you'll be fine :smile: We're all scared!
My fiance is coming with me but i'm still scared because I still don't know anyone on my course.

What course will you be doing?
Reply 29
Original post by lozzyhickers
I think you'll be fine :smile: We're all scared!
My fiance is coming with me but i'm still scared because I still don't know anyone on my course.

What course will you be doing?

I hope so. I know everyone will be in the same situation, still very daunting!

I'm hopefully doing Journalism :smile: What course are you doing?
Original post by Looose
I hope so. I know everyone will be in the same situation, still very daunting!

I'm hopefully doing Journalism :smile: What course are you doing?

I'm doing Psychology.
I've noticed some other people on here doing Journailism ,maybe you should message them to get to know them a bit. Maybe then you won't feel quite so lonely at first :smile:
Reply 31
Me too, I really struggle with making friends,so I hope I make some :frown:
I'm quite looking forward to the freshers fair, and the ghost walk! And as i'm a big kid really, I hope they do Playzone again!

whats the ghost walk? sounds interesting...
Original post by Aidan90
whats the ghost walk? sounds interesting...

A guide walks you around the city telling you about paranormal goings on. From past experience they're pretty fun
Reply 33
Didn't do ghostwalk last time so might check it out this freshers, also need to pimp out my room with some lovely posters
Reply 34
I'm doing Psychology.
I've noticed some other people on here doing Journailism ,maybe you should message them to get to know them a bit. Maybe then you won't feel quite so lonely at first :smile:

My best friend is hoping to do psychology at Lincoln :smile: Unfortunely she didn't quite meet her offer so she's got to wait until A Levels results day... I'll have to search around abit, would be nice to know a few people before I get there! I really want to know about accommodation at the minute, getting quite excited for moving out! And Freshers week sounds amazing! :biggrin:
Original post by Looose
My best friend is hoping to do psychology at Lincoln :smile: Unfortunely she didn't quite meet her offer so she's got to wait until A Levels results day... I'll have to search around abit, would be nice to know a few people before I get there! I really want to know about accommodation at the minute, getting quite excited for moving out! And Freshers week sounds amazing! :biggrin:

Well if she wants to meet someone on her course, then feel free to send her to me :smile: I'm really shy but i'm determined to make some friends!
Original post by `R92
Didn't do ghostwalk last time so might check it out this freshers, also need to pimp out my room with some lovely posters

I've been on the ghostwalk and it's a right laugh, i recommend it.

Keep your eyes peeled on this site btw http://www.lincolnfreshers.com/ freshers was really good last year bar the lady gaga tribute act.
im going to be an SU freshers helper, so if anyone wants to know anything about the uni then add me on facebook or message me on here or whatever :biggrin:
Reply 38
How is Lincoln uni and when do people start moving into their accom:colondollar:
Reply 39
Original post by edlambeth
im going to be an SU freshers helper, so if anyone wants to know anything about the uni then add me on facebook or message me on here or whatever :biggrin:

Do you have any idea about the demand for places at Lincoln uni this year? As in, if you miss your grades by a little bit, do you stand a chance?

Quick Reply

Latest