The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luckycharm

Original post by luckycharm
thanks :smile:. i'll take it you mean predicted grades cos i've not finished college yet. i'm predicted 2A*s and an A in art history and maths but i got a reduced offer cos of the nemanchester access programme :smile:

oh i c well i am a pure science background student with chemistry physics n maths moreover my predicted grades r As so i think no hope fo me :frown: n oh gud luck wid ur grades!
Reply 1181
Original post by winniey
wow! congraz to all UCL/ Cambridge/ Sheffield offers' holders! I've just sent my application and received the acknowledgment letter, any portfolio advice? :P
I wonder did you guys send the same portfolio with the corresponding task enclosed or a totally different portfolio for each university?

Well a lot of mine would be overlap but I do look at what 'type' of uni it is before sending works that I think they might like. For example, Manchester stated that they dont want any CAD images so I won't send them stuff like that, but will to others.
Reply 1182
I have started an Architecture 2012 Applicants Stalking Page so feel free everyone to add yourself :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Architecture_2012_Applicants_Stalking_Page

Original post by Meh_
Omg, just received an offer from UCL!

Ahhh congrats, I have my interview soon, really want to get in! What sort of things did they ask you about at interview?

Also incase anyone is interested,

UCL - interview 1st March
Nottinghan - Offer AAA
Newcastle - Offer AAA
Manchester - portfollio sent in Dec
Edinburgh - not heard anything yet :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SarahHindle
Ahhh congrats, I have my interview soon, really want to get in! What sort of things did they ask you about at interview?

Nottinghan - Offer AAA
Newcastle - Offer AAA

hi congrats on the offers and ucl interview :smile: when did you send your ucl task off and when did you find out about the interview?
Reply 1185
Original post by npaul4
I have started an Architecture 2012 Applicants Stalking Page so feel free everyone to add yourself :smile:

Finally a stalking page for Architecture :colone:
tho i don't know what it's for... haha

Nottinghan - Offer AAA
Newcastle - Offer AAA

hey ah wat r ur subjects n predicted grades is the offer frm nottingham conditional?
Original post by winniey

that is so awkward hahhahaha. especially they're all usernames everywhere, not like we'd be able to recognize anyone when we get into uni :rolleyes:

Got rejected from Cambridge after pooled. Disappointed for a while but I'd live.

Cambridge - Unsuccessful
Cardiff - Heard nothing yet
Bath - Offer A*AA; Maths or Further maths but not both
Nottingham - Offer ABB including Art
UCL - Offer ABB including Art

I'm probably firm on UCL, I can't see myself picking Bath over UCL, if you see what I mean..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1188
Original post by winniey

I know, thats why I decided to start one! Its to track the progress of applicants for all the uni's. I havent added all the uni's yet, I will just add them as they come :smile:
Original post by mojunheem

I'm probably firm on UCL, I can't see myself picking Bath over UCL, if you see what I mean..

Congrats on offer from UCL!! I sent off my assessment task at the end on November (deadline was 29th of November) but they haven't replied yet! What's taking them so long? :confused: ..

My status:
Cambridge - Offer for 42 points (IB) from Jesus College
Bath - waiting for decision
Manchester - Offer for 36 points
UCL - waiting for decision
Sheffield - Offer for 38 points

Also I got accepted to ARCHIP which is a new international institute of architecture in Prague (where I live). They give out scholarships for their programme. It's sad that no one knows about it. It's really nice. Check it out guys ,) http://www.archip.eu/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1190
Does anyone know anything about what architectural technology is like? I applied for 4 architecture courses and 1 architectural technology course, and now I'm starting to think I'd really like to do it because I like the idea of having both the design and technical aspects, but leaning towards the technical side because that's what I'm good at but I still want to be doing something creative which is why I didn't go for architectural engineering. The course content sounds great for me (this is at Westminster btw) but the low grade requirements make me wonder if maybe it's a bit of a doss course for people who aren't good enough for architecture?! And does this make it more difficult to get a job afterwards than if I were to do architecture? Any replies would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1191
that is so awkward hahhahaha. especially they're all usernames everywhere, not like we'd be able to recognize anyone when we get into uni :rolleyes:

Got rejected from Cambridge after pooled. Disappointed for a while but I'd live.

Cambridge - Unsuccessful

WOW congra on the UCL one!!! How was the interview? What did they ask you? I really wanna get in there now as I think the course there suits me more. What is your impression towards the interview?
Original post by kAe.
WOW congra on the UCL one!!! How was the interview? What did they ask you? I really wanna get in there now as I think the course there suits me more. What is your impression towards the interview?

Thank you very much. I thought you had your interview too. They didn't really ask me much about architecture. It was mostly going through who I was and what I do in life, something you walk out of and not sure if they liked you or not.
Reply 1193
Thank you very much. I thought you had your interview too. They didn't really ask me much about architecture. It was mostly going through who I was and what I do in life, something you walk out of and not sure if they liked you or not.

no.. they rearrange it to 13th Feb :s-smilie: Jes.. let me in!! I cant have any more disappointment.. :frown:
Original post by kAe.
no.. they rearrange it to 13th Feb :s-smilie: Jes.. let me in!! I cant have any more disappointment.. :frown:

Ahh. that is a horrible wait, especially when yours was meant to be before mine..... :eek: Well, good luck nonetheless, feel free to message me if you have anything to ask about the interview. :smile:
Original post by charleyb
I did 5 pages on a word document with a picture on each page, unannotated, and then converted it to a PDF file! :smile:

Ah, I see! So did you put more than one image on a page or just one each?
Thank you so much btw!
Original post by Onique
Have you been to Canterbury, Kent? It's an AMAZING city. You'll love it if you decide to go ^^ No, I didn't do Art A level. I did DT =/
Sort of. but also urbanising as well.. those two words mix quite a lot so any interpretations should be OK. Were you asked to do an essay? Have you sent it off?
Not really >< It's more likely going to be Kent over Nottingham. The Uni, Course and City is perfect for me. I think Nottingham is a huge city, like leeds(home) and the courses are O.K but I love Kent more.
I'm still waiting on Cambridge (more of a dream) but yes, I think Kent would be my Firm and I wouldn't have an Insurance :s

No I havent been there but I've watched all the videos about the campus and course on the Kent university website and it looks AMAZING!! :biggrin: Ahh right, thats probablys why they requested a portfolio :smile:
Yeah I kind of got a bit confused.. they asked me to send them it before 1st Februray but I havent started it yet because I have exams and stuff and also I don't know what to write about :s-smilie: Should really start thinking about it... :/
REALLY?! I would love to go to Nottingham- mainly because I went to the open day and the campus is so nice but so big! Haha I'm from Newcastle but I quite like the city lifestyle with the variety of shops and activities :smile:
I'm guessing you'd put Kent as your insurance if you got the Cambridge offer? Is Kent the one with the lowest grades that you have applied for?

Original post by Merell
Just received an unconditional offer from UCL, after being rejected and unfished by Cardiff and Cambridge... I want to cry with relief.

Congrats on the offer!!!! :smile: Unconditional? So you finished A Levels last year?

Cambridge - Unsuccessful

Ahh well done on the Bath offer!!! One of the first people I've heard to get an architecture offer from there..... :P All your offers sound amazing! Do you know anyone else that have got arch offers from Nottingham because the offer is quite low if they asked for AAA predictions...?
Reply 1197
Original post by chokoishii
No I havent been there but I've watched all the videos about the campus and course on the Kent university website and it looks AMAZING!! :biggrin: Ahh right, thats probablys why they requested a portfolio :smile:
Yeah I kind of got a bit confused.. they asked me to send them it before 1st Februray but I havent started it yet because I have exams and stuff and also I don't know what to write about :s-smilie: Should really start thinking about it... :/
REALLY?! I would love to go to Nottingham- mainly because I went to the open day and the campus is so nice but so big! Haha I'm from Newcastle but I quite like the city lifestyle with the variety of shops and activities :smile:
I'm guessing you'd put Kent as your insurance if you got the Cambridge offer? Is Kent the one with the lowest grades that you have applied for?

Well this looks a bit stalkerish... but I just happened to come on when you replied xD

1st of February? Mine was 1st of January.. which I thought was strange since the UCAS deadline was January...

The crime rate of nottingham is a deterrent for me =S as well as Me loving Kent c:

I got rejected from Cambridge on tuesdayyy :c Nevermind it was a great experience ^^
Haha and yeah thats a bit weird but I'm guessing they have a 1st of every month deadline?

Ahh right, I haven't really looked at the living area and city reputation of each place but just the uni :/

The best is not necessarily the most enjoyable so maybes getting rejected could be a good thing?? Also I love that piece called Forever!! Especially the shading around the chin area!! :smile:
Reply 1199
Original post by npaul4

Thank you you are the bomb. Been waiting for someone to create it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending