The Student Room Group

Cardiff City FC Appreciation Thread

Calling all Cardiff City fans!

I've set up this thread to discuss everything Bluebirds. :wink:

Just to start the ball rolling:
What are your thoughts on the team's performance this season?
Do you think we can hang on to the automatic promotion place?

All questions, opinions and explanations are welcome. :h:

Enjoy!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganeira

Enjoy!

Good idea, I have now made for Leicester.
Anyway, I think Cardiff have had a good season so far, I feel with all the drama you have had the play off you need to hang on to second if you can as Reading have been playing brilliantly recently.
Reply 2
Original post by samiz20891
Good idea, I have now made for Leicester.
Anyway, I think Cardiff have had a good season so far, I feel with all the drama you have had the play off you need to hang on to second if you can as Reading have been playing brilliantly recently.

Thank you. :smile:
I agree, we need to try and keep a hold on second place, and Reading are looking dangerous now. Luckily we don't have to play them in the remaining games of the season...
We've got the toughest match on Saturday, which is QPR. However, it is at home, so hopefully we can pull something out of the bag, and it'll be a gift if Taarabt's form was anything like today's against Derby...
Hey :biggrin:

I think we can keep hold of the automatic spot. Given that QPR drew tonight with Derby and were very unimpressive at home, I think we could easily beat them by a couple of goals or more at home in South Wales, if the crowd get fully behind the team as they did against Portsmouth. The crowd played a massive part against Portsmouth as the atmosphere fired up the players which in turn wound the Portsmouth players up and got them sent off. As Taarabt can at times have a tantrum, as was shown tonight with Savage, I think we can cause him problems throughout the game and nullify his threat. I think Olofinjana will be a key player on Saturday and he will need to be on his game to stop Taarabt playing with the freedom he likes.

I think Norwich will drop points and I think Reading may do also. However, given Reading's extremely good run of form and the results they've gathered, I think we need to try and at least get 3 wins and 1 draw from our remaining games. Hopefully a win this weekend will remove a lot of pressure when going into the away games. I think we will find Burnley the toughest game as its on the last day, the pressure will be on and its away from home. We need to go into this game only needing a draw to clinch promotion. We should still play for the win but if we get the draw, job done. :biggrin:

Overall this season I think we have performed very well. We've taken quite a lot of points from the top teams and have scored quite a lot of goals in some games as well. We absolutely obliterated Leeds at Elland Road. The only negatives I can think of is only picking up 1 point from an available 6 against Crystal Palace, which unless we get 4 wins, could turn out to be vital points lost.

I do think we can do it and I hope all the fans get fully behind the team for the QPR game which could make the difference to the morale of the team going into the 3 remaining games after that.

Here's hoping we'll make it to the promised land :dance:
Reply 4
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Hey :biggrin:

I think we can keep hold of the automatic spot. Given that QPR drew tonight with Derby and were very unimpressive at home, I think we could easily beat them by a couple of goals or more at home in South Wales, if the crowd get fully behind the team as they did against Portsmouth. The crowd played a massive part against Portsmouth as the atmosphere fired up the players which in turn wound the Portsmouth players up and got them sent off. As Taarabt can at times have a tantrum, as was shown tonight with Savage, I think we can cause him problems throughout the game and nullify his threat. I think Olofinjana will be a key player on Saturday and he will need to be on his game to stop Taarabt playing with the freedom he likes.

I think Norwich will drop points and I think Reading may do also. However, given Reading's extremely good run of form and the results they've gathered, I think we need to try and at least get 3 wins and 1 draw from our remaining games. Hopefully a win this weekend will remove a lot of pressure when going into the away games. I think we will find Burnley the toughest game as its on the last day, the pressure will be on and its away from home. We need to go into this game only needing a draw to clinch promotion. We should still play for the win but if we get the draw, job done. :biggrin:

Overall this season I think we have performed very well. We've taken quite a lot of points from the top teams and have scored quite a lot of goals in some games as well. We absolutely obliterated Leeds at Elland Road. The only negatives I can think of is only picking up 1 point from an available 6 against Crystal Palace, which unless we get 4 wins, could turn out to be vital points lost.

I do think we can do it and I hope all the fans get fully behind the team for the QPR game which could make the difference to the morale of the team going into the 3 remaining games after that.

Here's hoping we'll make it to the promised land :dance:

Hello! :biggrin:

By the way, I was looking at your profile and saw your conversations with those morons. Especially that 'mightier than thou' guy. Just because he thinks the world revolves around him and his money... :mad: Makes me so annoyed when people don't realise how lucky they are. Grr. I'm sort of in the same position as you in those respects, although I have a Skoda instead of a van. :biggrin:

Anyway, I digress. I basically agree with you on all points. Soooo should've gone to the Portsmouth match! And Savage did a great job of winding Taarabt up. I hope Ollie can do that Saturday too. He gets so frustrated when things don't go his way.

By the way, have you got a favourite chant? You heard the Kevin McNaughton one?:colone:
Hello! :biggrin:

By the way, I was looking at your profile and saw your conversations with those morons. Especially that 'mightier than thou' guy. Just because he thinks the world revolves around him and his money... :mad: Makes me so annoyed when people don't realise how lucky they are. Grr. I'm sort of in the same position as you in those respects, although I have a Skoda instead of a van. :biggrin:

Anyway, I digress. I basically agree with you on all points. Soooo should've gone to the Portsmouth match! And Savage did a great job of winding Taarabt up. I hope Ollie can do that Saturday too. He gets so frustrated when things don't go his way.

By the way, have you got a favourite chant? You heard the Kevin McNaughton one?:colone:

Yes, I seem to attract some of the idiots for some reason. Oh well, I've had a similar discussion with some of the people on the Cardiff City Message Board. I told them I'd rather stay loyal to Cardiff on a modest wage per week, a wage I could happily live on and support my family, than go to a bigger club just for more money. However, I was branded an idiot for not choosing money over loyalty. Some people just can't grasp that we're all different in our motives in life. I would rather play for City on £8,000 and be regarded as a home town hero than play for another club for £25,000+.

Yes I agree. I hope Olofinjana deals with him. Taarabt acted very immaturely when left the pitch tonight in my opinion and will be looking to vent his frustration on Saturday against us. I just hope Olofinjana winds him up enough that he vents it through aggression and gets sent off rather than through scoring. :biggrin:

My favourite chant is probably 'What's that coming over the hill? Its Michael Chopra, Its Micheal Chopra' :biggrin:

Bit boring I know but I like how it fits with The Automatics - Monster.

I posted this chant on the message board for Dekel Keinan :rofl:

He can do it like a buddha
Do it like a Jew
In the box and score a header like you!

Do it like a buddha
Do it like a Jew

He can do it at the grange end, grange end
He can do it at the grange end,
DEKEL, DEKEL, DEKEL
DEKEL, DEKEL, DEKEL

(Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude Tune) :yeah:
Reply 6
Yes, I seem to attract some of the idiots for some reason. Oh well, I've had a similar discussion with some of the people on the Cardiff City Message Board. I told them I'd rather stay loyal to Cardiff on a modest wage per week, a wage I could happily live on and support my family, than go to a bigger club just for more money. However, I was branded an idiot for not choosing money over loyalty. Some people just can't grasp that we're all different in our motives in life. I would rather play for City on £8,000 and be regarded as a home town hero than play for another club for £25,000+.

Yes I agree. I hope Olofinjana deals with him. Taarabt acted very immaturely when left the pitch tonight in my opinion and will be looking to vent his frustration on Saturday against us. I just hope Olofinjana winds him up enough that he vents it through aggression and gets sent off rather than through scoring. :biggrin:

My favourite chant is probably 'What's that coming over the hill? Its Michael Chopra, Its Micheal Chopra' :biggrin:

Bit boring I know but I like how it fits with The Automatics - Monster.

I posted this chant on the message board for Dekel Keinan :rofl:

He can do it like a buddha
Do it like a Jew

Do it like a buddha
Do it like a Jew

DEKEL, DEKEL, DEKEL
DEKEL, DEKEL, DEKEL

(Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude Tune) :yeah:

Never mind, it's their loss really. :biggrin:

I like that Keinan one, and of course the Michael Chopra one is a classic. Shame he's injured though. :frown:

This is one of mine:

Kevin McNaughton,
You are the love of my life.
Kevin McNaughton,
I'd let you shag my wife.
Kevin McNaughton,
I want silver hair too...

To the tune (roughly) of the chorus of Frankie Valli's 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You'. So the I love you baby, and if it's quite alright... etc. :biggrin:

It made me laugh when I heard it. :rofl:

Enjoy!

Hey buddy. I was at the game on Saturday, and thought we dominated from start to finish. Bellamy is playing brilliantly and imho going to drag his home town club into the Premiership.
I am more worried about the game after QPR, i.e. Preston away, as they are fighting for their lives. But I'm generally feeling as though they team have found a steely determination in the last few weeks, hopefully we can keep the momentum going.
Never mind, it's their loss really. :biggrin:

I like that Keinan one, and of course the Michael Chopra one is a classic. Shame he's injured though. :frown:

This is one of mine:

Kevin McNaughton,
You are the love of my life.
Kevin McNaughton,
I'd let you shag my wife.
Kevin McNaughton,
I want silver hair too...

To the tune (roughly) of the chorus of Frankie Valli's 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You'. So the I love you baby, and if it's quite alright... etc. :biggrin:

It made me laugh when I heard it. :rofl:

Yeah, I've heard it at the stadium. Some old bloke who gets drunk every game sat three rows up from me always sings it and I'm pretty sure he's serious :rofl: Some of the stuff he shouts towards McNaughton you'd think that they'd got married ages ago. :biggrin:

Hopefully Chopra stays next year if we go up as his premiership experience will be needed up front.

I hope we get some new songs going soon though. A few of them only get partly sang now at the stadium and not many people are willing to start one off. I might have to invest in a few cans of lager for courage and start one off :cool:
Original post by youcancallme.al
Hey buddy. I was at the game on Saturday, and thought we dominated from start to finish. Bellamy is playing brilliantly and imho going to drag his home town club into the Premiership.
I am more worried about the game after QPR, i.e. Preston away, as they are fighting for their lives. But I'm generally feeling as though they team have found a steely determination in the last few weeks, hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

We should beat Preston.

We have taken away their prized asset, the beast! :biggrin:

Burnley will be a tough game as we only scraped a late draw against them at home if I recall correctly.

Bellamy and McNaughton have been quality. McNaughton has basically played 2 roles for parts of the season as at times our full backs have been woeful but he acts as the sweeper and always seems to be there when needed to block a shot or retrieve the ball.

I can't bare another play-off final and a horrible trip on the way home again so I pray we go up.
Oh Kev McNaughton, You're the love of my life..
Oh Kev McNaughton, I'd let you shag my wife..
Oh Kev McNaughton, I want silver hair tooooooooo!

:adore:
Reply 11
Oh Kev McNaughton, You're the love of my life..
Oh Kev McNaughton, I'd let you shag my wife..
Oh Kev McNaughton, I want silver hair tooooooooo!

:adore:

When I went to like this it said, 'Please rate some other members before you rate this member again'... Awwh. :frown:

This made me chuckle. :smile: And it would be a +1...
When I went to like this it said, 'Please rate some other members before you rate this member again'... Awwh. :frown:

This made me chuckle. :smile: And it would be a +1...

Its okay :smile: have fun at the game tomorrow both of you :biggrin:

I dont care about rep on here to be honest but thanks anyway! :P
Reply 13
Its okay :smile: have fun at the game tomorrow both of you :biggrin:

I dont care about rep on here to be honest but thanks anyway! :P

Thanks! Are you going? If so, have a great time too! :smile: We're buzzing!

Haha, nor me really, I was just surprised that TSR did that... and the fact I've +ve repped you so many times... :P
Thanks! Are you going? If so, have a great time too! :smile: We're buzzing!

Haha, nor me really, I was just surprised that TSR did that... and the fact I've +ve repped you so many times... :P

yeah im going and thanks! :smile: cant wait! a bit nervous though.

good result with reading tonight too :biggrin: hopefully we can capitalise on that tomorrow.

Oh, TSR does what it wants sometimes :L do you know anyone who uses the paid service?
Reply 15
yeah im going and thanks! :smile: cant wait! a bit nervous though.

good result with reading tonight too :biggrin: hopefully we can capitalise on that tomorrow.

Oh, TSR does what it wants sometimes :L do you know anyone who uses the paid service?

No don't think so... I can't see it being worth the money yet. :dontknow:
Reply 16
Well, what did everyone think of today's performance?
Well, what did everyone think of today's performance?

Sorry for the late reply :biggrin:

I thought our performances against QPR and Preston were very good. I'll talk more later. I'm not in the best of moods to be honest with Norwich scoring in the 96th minute yet only 5 minutes injury time was added on. It's like the whole world is against us :frown:
Reply 18
How is Jay-Emmanuel Thomas fairing on loan to Cardiff?

And don't worry, Cardiff will go up this season. :smile:
Reply 19
I can't see us getting automatic promotion now - I reckon Norwich will walk their remaining games :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest