The Student Room Group

9713 AS Applied ICT (CIE)

Dear fellow ICT Wizes,
this is for discussion of Applied ICT Papers from the CIE board!
Please share your thoughts and tips :smile:
Thank you :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it is horribly hard i thought , well more than half of my class has had to retake it at least once or twice but glad i got it out of the way now , as the rest of the course is just a fly by of screen prints and evaluations only got half of a unit left for applied ict :biggrin:
OMG. did anyone do or see the November 2010 paper? it was so unexpected... (I didn't do it as an actual exam, but my teacher makes me do all AS and A Level papers before my practicals)
Reply 3
not sure you just pre- released case study , not even the teachers get to see the actual paper before hand , - i think its likes one half based on the case study and other is just general computer sense and small half that is the the course bit with the essay thingy
Original post by Twaha
not sure you just pre- released case study , not even the teachers get to see the actual paper before hand , - i think its likes one half based on the case study and other is just general computer sense and small half that is the the course bit with the essay thingy

The paper was done in November... I only saw it after the exam... and the teachers don't get to see the actual exam, only if they open the envelope :wink: It had power point on it and you had to create a master slide... and I can't remember the rest..
Reply 5
ohh fair enough i didnt do the one for this year ,

i did mine last year which was about some sandwich company and their functions ...etc , i got a C overall which is acceptable but nothing to talk about

anyhow i think the teachers to get to see the paper because i was discussing it with my teacher afterward you see ,nevertheless good luck on your exam mate :smile:
Original post by Twaha
ohh fair enough i didnt do the one for this year ,

i did mine last year which was about some sandwich company and their functions ...etc , i got a C overall which is acceptable but nothing to talk about

anyhow i think the teachers to get to see the paper because i was discussing it with my teacher afterward you see ,nevertheless good luck on your exam mate :smile:

Yeh I did mine in June as well. But mine was about some boat company I think... what zone are you in? I got an A (I have no idea how I did that in the theory paper). Did you already do your A-level? Mine was so easy, it was a walk in the park :smile:
I just realised it says AS (such a blondie), but yeah I can help anyone with queries about AS and A-level :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by secondusername
Yeh I did mine in June as well. But mine was about some boat company I think... what zone are you in? I got an A (I have no idea how I did that in the theory paper). Did you already do your A-level? Mine was so easy, it was a walk in the park :smile:
I just realised it says AS (such a blondie), but yeah I can help anyone with queries about AS and A-level :smile:

Hey! Great job on your Grade. So, you've finished your A-Level, right? We have our AS-Level theory paper coming up in May. Any tips on how we could get better marks? Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Twaha
it is horribly hard i thought , well more than half of my class has had to retake it at least once or twice but glad i got it out of the way now , as the rest of the course is just a fly by of screen prints and evaluations only got half of a unit left for applied ict :biggrin:

Hey, thank you for replying. Are you doing your AS-Levels or A-Levels? When are you doing your Theory paper? Any tips for them? Thank you :smile:
Original post by ToHelp123
Hey! Great job on your Grade. So, you've finished your A-Level, right? We have our AS-Level theory paper coming up in May. Any tips on how we could get better marks? Thank you :smile:

Hey :smile: I am doing A-level. Ahm I think the best ways to get all marks (that's how I did it), is always have as many points as marks there are and in all questions that ask you to discuss or analyse give them a conclusion. Also if your teacher tells you that they mark rigorously according to the mark scheme, it's a lieee :P I never write exactly what it says in the book, and often when I don't know what to write I just add something that sounds logical :smile: It worked with me because I got an A on the paper, but maybe I just had a very friendly examiner. When is your theory exam? Mine is on the 16th of May
Reply 10
Hey :smile: I am doing A-level. Ahm I think the best ways to get all marks (that's how I did it), is always have as many points as marks there are and in all questions that ask you to discuss or analyse give them a conclusion. Also if your teacher tells you that they mark rigorously according to the mark scheme, it's a lieee :P I never write exactly what it says in the book, and often when I don't know what to write I just add something that sounds logical :smile: It worked with me because I got an A on the paper, but maybe I just had a very friendly examiner. When is your theory exam? Mine is on the 16th of May

Great tips, thank you very much! :smile: Oh, and congratulations on the A! :congrats: We have our exam on the 10th of May - AS-Level. I hope we get a friendly examiner too :smile: You will be doing Papers 1 and 3, right? If you don't mind, can I ask which other subject you have taken? Well, good luck for your exam, and we'll keep you posted with other tips or thoughts :smile:
you guys the exam is 3 days from now!! I am really scared because when I studied I found nothing to memorize so I just enjoyed reading the book I know that I really shouldn't just read but really I cannot find anything to memorise especially in chapter 3 and 4....so yes please please whoever has any tips for me please give them to me because I missed up a little in the practical section:s-smilie: and I really need to get an A overall...I am a senior too so this is my last chance hope you can help
Good luck everyone :P
Reply 12

hey ,,,,,good luck in your exam i wish you will get A as last year,, Iam also senior but Iam taking ICT AS this year,, i found it very hard ,,do you have any more tips??our exam is on 10 of may..
Reply 13
Original post by Biology Freak
you guys the exam is 3 days from now!! I am really scared because when I studied I found nothing to memorize so I just enjoyed reading the book I know that I really shouldn't just read but really I cannot find anything to memorise especially in chapter 3 and 4....so yes please please whoever has any tips for me please give them to me because I missed up a little in the practical section:s-smilie: and I really need to get an A overall...I am a senior too so this is my last chance hope you can help
Good luck everyone :P

Hey, actually that was a great thing to do! You do NOT need to memorise anything! My friend who takes ICT always tells me to use common sense if I don't know the right answer! You don't need to memorise anything! I mean, if you have time, then read the book again if you want to, but in Chapter 4, System Analysis (I guess), just concentrate on it more! Because there is a definate question that will come on this topic! Yeah, and sure you'll do well! GOOD LUCK! :biggrin: Hey, what other subjects are you taking?
Reply 14
Original post by ymz1993
hey ,,,,,good luck in your exam i wish you will get A as last year,, Iam also senior but Iam taking ICT AS this year,, i found it very hard ,,do you have any more tips??our exam is on 10 of may..

Hey, our exam too, but don't worry, I hope it will be easy! Just read your textbook and remember the points! You need not memorise anything, but just read the book carefully! You'll need to use your knowledge and information that you obtained from the book and APPLY it into the questions! Easy, right? I hope so :smile: GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Tips : READ YOUR TEXTBOOK! You DO NOT need to memorise, but concentrate on it! You will have to APPLY the knowledge you've gained into the questions, so memorising will do no good! Yep, that's that, and be happy! :smile:
GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Tips : READ YOUR TEXTBOOK! You DO NOT need to memorise, but concentrate on it! You will have to APPLY the knowledge you've gained into the questions, so memorising will do no good! Yep, that's that, and be happy! :smile:
GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:

Thanks,,,,,you make life more easier, do you have any revision notes ???:smile:
Reply 17
Is the ict book by brian sargent avilble to read on the internet?
Hey, actually that was a great thing to do! You do NOT need to memorise anything! My friend who takes ICT always tells me to use common sense if I don't know the right answer! You don't need to memorise anything! I mean, if you have time, then read the book again if you want to, but in Chapter 4, System Analysis (I guess), just concentrate on it more! Because there is a definate question that will come on this topic! Yeah, and sure you'll do well! GOOD LUCK! :biggrin: Hey, what other subjects are you taking?

Really?!! that is so great thank God I found someone else who encourages reading the subject as well :biggrin: thank you I mean you really made me feel more comfortable and thanks for telling me about chapter 4 question I am taking A2 maths and AS biology in addition to AS AICT of course...hope you'll do good too I mean we deserve good grades after all right :P oh and what subjects are you taking anyway?
Reply 19
Hey all , I would really appreciate it if you could help me ,my exam is in few days and im hearing a lot of rumors that the exam is mainly chapter 2 and 4? is that right?? thanksss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending