The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7820
Original post by Scipio
Remember to size down with a lot of gap stuff, it's quite relaxed in fit.

I've been thinking of picking up a pair of GAP jeans, opinions on...

http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=57534&vid=1&pid=678507

I really do like GAP jeans if I am honest, for the price they are very good quality.
Original post by creak
Why are Gap now doing "clean shirts", and what exactly are they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJQTmKl4_Wg

As far as I can tell they're more office-type shirts than the others.
Reply 7822
Trying to think of a new hairstyle to change to :beard: Bored of the sweep to the side :rolleyes:
shave it all off
Original post by Mess.
Trying to think of a new hairstyle to change to :beard: Bored of the sweep to the side :rolleyes:

pic of your hair? :smile:
Reply 7825
Original post by Spoonforknife
pic of your hair? :smile:

The first three are my hair as it is now and the second two are just when it has been generally messed up. If anyone has any advice and especially pictures then that would be great as I am really bored of my hair as it is now and the fring eis doing my head in as bits keep flopping down :sigh:
Original post by Mess.
The first three are my hair as it is now and the second two are just when it has been generally messed up. If anyone has any advice and especially pictures then that would be great as I am really bored of my hair as it is now and the fring eis doing my head in as bits keep flopping down :sigh:

I like the last one, if you just give it a little tidy it would look great! Looks really good in a matte finish, and if you need to look a little more presentable, it's easy to bring across (similiar to the first 3)
Reply 7827
This is a horrible example and won't work if you don't know who he is as the pictures on google are outdated and awful.. But recently I went to see a tv show being filmed and there was a comedian called Rob Rouse. His hair at the minute is great. It is shaved around the sides and back and then has a kind of sweeped back kind of look on top. But it doesn't look stupid it looks very presentable and tastefully done.
Original post by Mess.

Get it cut shorter at the back and sides and make it more of a sweep-to-the-back-and-side sort of thing. I'd probably have it cut more choppy on top and longer at the front so it didn't look so neat but that's a personal preference.
Reply 7829
Original post by iLucien
Hey guys i'm looking for a good suit shop that sell well-fitted slim/skinny suits, preferably in navy blue.
I've tried Zara, Topman and Burton but to no avail, so hopefully someone can suggest a good shop with an online store :smile:

EDIT: I'm not looking to buy a suit online, just to have a look at them with a view to buying them in store.

Moss Bros is good, have stores too and can get some good deals in the sales!

http://www.mossbros.co.uk/
What colour chinos/trousers would you guys suggest go with light blues, light greens and various shades of red plus orange and yellow? I currently just wear jeans that are in various shades of blue and although good, I would like to branch out into chinos/trousers :smile:
Original post by tehFrance
What colour chinos/trousers would you guys suggest go with light blues, light greens and various shades of red plus orange and yellow? I currently just wear jeans that are in various shades of blue and although good, I would like to branch out into chinos/trousers :smile:

Navy, stone, beige. Especially navy, can't really go too wrong with navy chinos. Stone chinos are more for a summery 'playboy' look.
Original post by Tokyoround
Navy, stone, beige. Especially navy, can't really go too wrong with navy chinos. Stone chinos are more for a summery 'playboy' look.

Thank you mate :smile:
What would you wear with stone coloured chino shorts on holiday?
Original post by AcidNation
What would you wear with stone coloured chino shorts on holiday?

Can't beat a white t-shirt! Or just a sleeveless shirt.
Reply 7835
My hair is a mess. Never really combed/brushed it let alone style it! I just go short on the sides and long in the front :p:
I still keep it in good shape though since I used to swim a lot and chlorine would mess it up.
Reply 7836
Need some new clothes, budget is about £1500. Really have no clue what to buy as I usually get my sister to shop for me but we aren't on speaking terms atm. Please recommend.

I'm 6'2" and about 160lbs, with black hair, brown eyes and light brown/tanned skin, if that's any help.

Thanks.
Reply 7837
Original post by Singh_2
Need some new clothes, budget is about £1500. Really have no clue what to buy as I usually get my sister to shop for me but we aren't on speaking terms atm. Please recommend.

I'm 6'2" and about 160lbs, with black hair, brown eyes and light brown/tanned skin, if that's any help.

Thanks.

Is there any chance you could post a picture of what you usually wear? Just to see your build, I have no idea what 160lbs looks like. Be more than happy to help though! :smile:

EDIT: Have just weighed myself and it turns out i'm about 155lbs so I figure we're close/the same. I'll post some stuff afterwards. What sort of stuff you looking for? Summer? Winter???
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7838
Original post by Peachz
Is there any chance you could post a picture of what you usually wear? Just to see your build, I have no idea what 160lbs looks like. Be more than happy to help though! :smile:

Sure man, will do later.

I am just looking for ideas on outfits to get, things that match, rather than just buying a load of different stuff with no idea how it will match. I am 22 and at Uni so more into the casual look, nothing too formal.

I was looking at a Barbour quilted jacket earlier, but now I've heard that everyone wears them. Is this true? I don't seem them around that much.

This is the one http://images.asos.com/inv/media/4/0/9/1/1451904/navy/image1xxl.jpg

Also are they chinos he is wearing? As you can see I really am a bit clueless.

Thanks again.

Edit - Yeh I'm about 155-160, about the same. I am looking for stuff for all seasons I think, just to add to my existing wardrobe which is getting outdated.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7839
Original post by Singh_2
Sure man, will do later.

I am just looking for ideas on outfits to get, things that match, rather than just buying a load of different stuff with no idea how it will match. I am 22 and at Uni so more into the casual look, nothing too formal.

I was looking at a Barbour quilted jacket earlier, but now I've heard that everyone wears them. Is this true? I don't seem them around that much.

This is the one http://images.asos.com/inv/media/4/0/9/1/1451904/navy/image1xxl.jpg

Also are they chinos he is wearing? As you can see I really am a bit clueless.

Thanks again.

Edit - Yeh I'm about 155-160, about the same. I am looking for stuff for all seasons I think, just to add to my existing wardrobe which is getting outdated.

I have a Barbour, but I have the navy one. Personally I don't like that style, the collar is very off putting. The cord one is better. I'll post some stuff shortly. I dress quite.. smart casual a lot of the time so you might not think a lot of this is suitable for everyday wear but I live in London so yno, pretty much anything goes here! I'd be wary about buying much at the minute since a lot of stores will be having mid-season sales fairly soon I should think.

Latest