The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University Card

Hey all,

I have firmed Nottingham for 2011 (a while back) and accepted accommodation, just wondering has anyone applied/tried to apply for the University Card? I emailed them and they said I have to wait to be transferred to the uni card system first or something like that, anyone else been transferred yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I read something that said you couldn't apply for this until June
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel08
I read something that said you couldn't apply for this until June

oh okay thanks :smile: you know where?
Reply 3
Original post by the Jack pot
oh okay thanks :smile: you know where?

Somewhere on their site, I'll try and find the link for you...

Here you go: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/beforeyouarrive/cateredhalls/cateredhalls.aspx
it says you can apply for it from the beginning of June.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Somewhere on their site, I'll try and find the link for you...

Here you go: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/beforeyouarrive/cateredhalls/cateredhalls.aspx
it says you can apply for it from the beginning of June.

Ahh Thankyou :smile:
Hey all,

I have firmed Nottingham for 2011 (a while back) and accepted accommodation, just wondering has anyone applied/tried to apply for the University Card? I emailed them and they said I have to wait to be transferred to the uni card system first or something like that, anyone else been transferred yet?

When my accommodation email for broadgate came through it sent a University card application and I sent it off with a picture of myself. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing?? So I do not know about waiting till June :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by BarbaraStreisand
When my accommodation email for broadgate came through it sent a University card application and I sent it off with a picture of myself. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing?? So I do not know about waiting till June :s-smilie:

Thats for your broadgate park entry card
Reply 7
Original post by alex5455
Thats for your broadgate park entry card
This didn't happen once I accepted my offer how can I do this?
Reply 8
Original post by Tri
This didn't happen once I accepted my offer how can I do this?

print out all the documents its in there?
Hey all,

Hey...I just received an e-mail from Nottingham University asking me to send a picture to them for my University card. Has anybody else?
Reply 10
Original post by musicfreak2410
Hey...I just received an e-mail from Nottingham University asking me to send a picture to them for my University card. Has anybody else?

Hi, yes I also received an email today! However I haven't had an email back yet to confirm my accommodation, and its nearly been 6 weeks! Have you?
Original post by ekta9
Hi, yes I also received an email today! However I haven't had an email back yet to confirm my accommodation, and its nearly been 6 weeks! Have you?

I'm not going to be living in halls, so I'm afraid I can't help you there! I'm just wondering if I can just submit a picture that I've taken or does it need to be like a passport style...no smiling, straight at the camera etc??
Reply 12
I'm not going to be living in halls, so I'm afraid I can't help you there! I'm just wondering if I can just submit a picture that I've taken or does it need to be like a passport style...no smiling, straight at the camera etc??

Ah no worries! And I think it has to be passport style as the emails says "recent digital passport photo". What course are you doing?
Original post by ekta9
Ah no worries! And I think it has to be passport style as the emails says "recent digital passport photo". What course are you doing?

I think I'll just take a picture on my phone or camera against a white background and then crop it. I have a conditional offer to do English. When I got this e-mail, it got me all excited again...I really hope I get the grades I need. How about you? What course are you applying for? It's such a beautiful campus isn't it :smile:
Reply 14
I think I'll just take a picture on my phone or camera against a white background and then crop it. I have a conditional offer to do English. When I got this e-mail, it got me all excited again...I really hope I get the grades I need. How about you? What course are you applying for? It's such a beautiful campus isn't it :smile:

I'm doing business management so I'll be at the Jubilee campus but I've applied for accommodation at University Park as yeah the campus is much better!!
Reply 15

I got this today too and so did two of my friends :smile: It confused me though as i thought we couldn't apply until June..
Reply 16
Original post by Jess6893
I got this today too and so did two of my friends :smile: It confused me though as i thought we couldn't apply until June..

same, when I confirmed my accommodation it took me to a link about this but it said June. I'm like:lolwut:

How do you get a 'digital passport photo' or does it just mean a digital passport-style photo?
Also, does anyone know by what date they need this? It's useless putting urgent on an email then not stating a reply date...
does it just mean a digital passport-style photo?

yes
You can send / crop any photo. I had one of me taken at a mates bbq.

And you'll be given your Uni card when you turn up on the first day in September.
Reply 19
I presume it worked, once you've put your photo the process just finishes and you log out, I thought I'd have to put some sort of info in..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending