The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hackett
Apparently he is actually a very nice chap irl, very charming etc. it was just the fact that most of his friends have no jobs he would be out every night partying and when he had to be in work the next morning at 6, he was like a zombie all day.

I can see that being true. Most of the fights/personalities are exaggerated for entertainment, we all know it but love it all the same.
What do you guys think about Jamie and Binky?

I think they're cute but it's weird seeing them as anything more then friends... (although by the end of last nights episode I was cheering for them to get together :tongue: )
Reply 1982
Original post by Bellissima
half a second too long

Original post by Tokyoround
Depends on what desk/market they work on but most brokers work ridiculous hours.

I have to agree that most of them just have "jobs" for something to do, willing to bet a lot of their money is inherited.

Would be interesting to find out if any of them actually created their own wealth without assistance. But then again, they'd probably be more down-to-earth and less entertaining if that were the case!

Well, I remember when MIC first started on tv, people were disappointed because they expected it to be exposing what the wealthy elite do. Not to say that those on MIC aren't wealthy, they're loaded, but none of them are 'Chelsea rich'. The only ones that come close to that is Mark-Francis, Francis, and when he's much older and has inherited the hotel Spencer might be up there too. As seen in the last series, Jamie has access to 'Chelsea money' that would put him up there but hi family / bank manager know he can't be trusted with it. Apparently the richest of the rich in Chelsea that were approached to be on the show turned it down because they didn't want to ruin their reputation. Can't blame them tbh,if you're in a very professional line of work and you're seen partying and shagging around it doesn't reflect well on who you work for.
Original post by Tortle

I got 20 seconds in before I had to turn it off. Thing with Amber is that she's a wannabe sloan so she exaggerates a lot of her poshness which makes it unbearable compared to say the funny posh behaviour of Jamie/Mark-Francis.
Original post by glousck
Well, I remember when MIC first started on tv, people were disappointed because they expected it to be exposing what the wealthy elite do. Not to say that those on MIC aren't wealthy, they're loaded, but none of them are 'Chelsea rich'. The only ones that come close to that is Mark-Francis, Francis, and when he's much older and has inherited the hotel Spencer might be up there too. As seen in the last series, Jamie has access to 'Chelsea money' that would put him up there but hi family / bank manager know he can't be trusted with it. Apparently the richest of the rich in Chelsea that were approached to be on the show turned it down because they didn't want to ruin their reputation. Can't blame them tbh,if you're in a very professional line of work and you're seen partying and shagging around it doesn't reflect well on who you work for.

If it were a show about the real wealthy elite of Chelsea, we'd be watching a bunch of Arab oil barons and Russian tycoons going about their day, would be interesting to see how much they spend but can't say it would be that entertaining.

My ex lives in Chelsea, her family are old money though and definitely no longer all that wealthy, her house is a dump on the inside. I'd imagine most of the British people left there fall into that category, not many are up there with the Sheiks.
Reply 1986
There are still plenty of Brits in West London, it's just not so much the traditional upper class sloanes like in the 80s/90s.

What you have now are investment bankers, traders, celebs, rich fashion and art scene types (bohemians), and that sort of thing... ie 'super yuppies'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tokyoround
If it were a show about the real wealthy elite of Chelsea, we'd be watching a bunch of Arab oil barons and Russian tycoons going about their day, would be interesting to see how much they spend but can't say it would be that entertaining.

My ex lives in Chelsea, her family are old money though and definitely no longer all that wealthy, her house is a dump on the inside. I'd imagine most of the British people left there fall into that category, not many are up there with the Sheiks.

This
it just wouldn't be made in cheslea without all the awkward pauses...
Reply 1989
How long until Cheska start pecking away at Ianthe?
WTF happened to gabby's voice by the way....
is it me or has EVERYONE had a "thing" with spencer in the past?
I might have heard him wrong, but I think he only wants to be MATES with you Cheska. Just MATES.

Could he have fitted that into the conversation any more?
anyone have any idea where louise's dress is from when she is meeting sophia with millie and rosie? It's fab!

cheska just makes me cringe
Spencer saying Jamie likes to play games? Pot kettle black.

Was a good episode though, probably best of the series so far.

Original post by JumbleJumble
I might have heard him wrong, but I think he only wants to be MATES with you Cheska. Just MATES.

Could he have fitted that into the conversation any more?

Haha I thought that as well! He said it at least 10 times!
Original post by Bellissima
is it me or has EVERYONE had a "thing" with spencer in the past?

:laugh: i noticed this too

He alone is responsible for most of the awkward silences on the show... and that's saying something :tongue:
Sam friendzoned Cheska hilariously. Never seen anyone try to make their intentions so clear before, especially on MIC!

Not liking where Ollie and Horse face are heading.
Reply 1997
The volleyball homage to Top Gun went on far too long.

Didn't Jamie sleep with Gabriella last series? If I was Binky I would be like 'And now he's after me?' o_______O
The new girl (I think her name's Sophia) reminds me of Caggie a lot. Spencer definitely has a type.
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
The new girl (I think her name's Sophia) reminds me of Caggie a lot. Spencer definitely has a type.

To me she looks like a cross between Caggie and Louise. She had the hair/complexion of Louise and the facial features/voice of Caggie.

Quick Reply

Latest