The Student Room Group

Considering deferring?

Hi there,

I am an international graduate in environmental sciences and have a keen interest in international development. I have been admitted to various programmes, including the MPP at Georgetown and MPA in ID at LSE (where I can apply to spend 2nd year at SIPA) but have been waitlisted at SAIS and encouraged to re-apply at SIPA.

I am considering asking for deferral at LSE in order to re-apply to SIPA, but also attempt other schools which I didn´t apply and regret, as Fletcher (MALD), HKS, Princeton and Oxford (MPhil in ID). What do you think? Would you say it would be worth the wait for the return?

Any thoughts will be welcomed. Thanks!
I am in a similar position to you.

I have been accepted to a masters program I want to do (Sciences Po), but I have decided to defer a year so I can stay in my job (Development NGO) continue to study more language and apply for some other schools.

if LSE give you a deferal then go for it. You have nothing to loose and you can spend a year getting some more work experience etc. Or just work and save up money to pay for a masters to make living more comfortable during it.
Reply 2
Hi beefmaster,

The thing is: I don´t have a job at the moment so I would have to start applying, and getting something now is going to be tough. Also the price of one more year waiting to get a degree in development is a big hurdle, especially if I have to intern or something like that.

Still, the idea remains in my head for the moment...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending