The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM Deferred entry

I'm currently in the last year of my biomedical science course, and had applied for the 2024/2025 GEM application cycle at 4 places - one of those being Liverpool. Due to some extenuating circumstances forcing me to defer certain assessments to my uni's resit period, I will no longer be able to graduate alongside my cohort and will receive my degree transcript in September instead of July. I recently received an email from Liverpool admissions saying I have essentially been waitlisted, and may receive an offer depending on if someone else refuses theirs in the next few weeks. Would it be worthwhile gor me to ask if I could possibly be considered for deferred entry? Or should I wait for a final decision?
Reply 1
Original post by abigailx2002
I'm currently in the last year of my biomedical science course, and had applied for the 2024/2025 GEM application cycle at 4 places - one of those being Liverpool. Due to some extenuating circumstances forcing me to defer certain assessments to my uni's resit period, I will no longer be able to graduate alongside my cohort and will receive my degree transcript in September instead of July. I recently received an email from Liverpool admissions saying I have essentially been waitlisted, and may receive an offer depending on if someone else refuses theirs in the next few weeks. Would it be worthwhile gor me to ask if I could possibly be considered for deferred entry? Or should I wait for a final decision?

I think it’s worth asking rather than the unknown so that you can plan and concentrate on your current work rather than stressing the ifs and buts
Original post by abigailx2002

I think regardless you would have to wait for their decision anyways. Imagine if (God forbid), you don't get in so it would be pointless mentioning your interest for a deferred entry right now. I would personally wait for their decision and then accordingly, respond to them, if needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending