The Student Room Group

Wjec english lit as level

Hey, I'm an AS student, about to take my english AS level on the 23rd of May.
I found GCSE english easy, getting A* for both English lit & lang, I was wondering, to any people that have already taken the exam and had results back;

Is the exam hard? and how hard?!

Is there any advice you can give me as I need to get an A but possibly an A* to go to the uni i want!

Thanks!
Jess :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Jessicabarry
Hey, I'm an AS student, about to take my english AS level on the 23rd of May.
I found GCSE english easy, getting A* for both English lit & lang, I was wondering, to any people that have already taken the exam and had results back;

Is the exam hard? and how hard?!

Is there any advice you can give me as I need to get an A but possibly an A* to go to the uni i want!

Thanks!
Jess :smile:

It depends. What play/novel are you studying? Whose poetry? I'm taking the same exam and am studying Friel's Dancing at Lughnasa and Larkin/Abse's poetry. Aside from predicting what won't come up theme-wise, my revision consists of using my notes on poems to do past essay questions and memorising certain phrases that link in with quotes. Might not be too effective.

Also, it won't be hard if you're sufficiently prepared and the best advice I'd give is practice questions, as well as strictly confining the contents of your essay to the AO's laid out in the spec.
Reply 2
I'm studying Brian Friel's 'Dancing At Lughnasa', and for poetry Carol Ann Duffy and Sheenagh Pugh.
I think it's the duffy/pugh poetry essay that i'm most worried about!
But thanks for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending