The Student Room Group

Durham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I also got rejected today...
Good luck to all those still waiting to hear! :smile:
Reply 361
received an offer today and have just firmed it : )
Reply 362
Hey!! Any other graduates been offered a place in the undergrad program??? I hope I'm not the only oldy mouldy in the class :smile:
Reply 363
Original post by mm89
Hey!! Any other graduates been offered a place in the undergrad program??? I hope I'm not the only oldy mouldy in the class :smile:

I'm also a graduate! Apparently, Durham consists of 30-40% graduates/mature students - should be a good balance. :smile:
Reply 364
Original post by Panda89
I'm also a graduate! Apparently, Durham consists of 30-40% graduates/mature students - should be a good balance. :smile:

Have you, or any other graduates, received confirmation of the fees we will have to pay?? I rang the fees office to make sure it was £9000 but your ones manager was on lunch and she didn't have a clue... Now I'm slightly freaking out that its gonna be higher???
Reply 365
another oldies :smile: i dont think the tuition fees can go higher than £9000 except for international... with the fees increase, lets hope there are still that many grad :smile:
I'm a grad too! Firmed my offer this week.
Reply 367
Original post by mm89
Have you, or any other graduates, received confirmation of the fees we will have to pay?? I rang the fees office to make sure it was £9000 but your ones manager was on lunch and she didn't have a clue... Now I'm slightly freaking out that its gonna be higher???

Original post by anoldbaby
another oldies :smile: i dont think the tuition fees can go higher than £9000 except for international... with the fees increase, lets hope there are still that many grad :smile:

Yeah, I'm almost certain (and hope) that we're gonna be charged the same as undergraduates.
Reply 368
Original post by Panda89
Yeah, I'm almost certain (and hope) that we're gonna be charged the same as undergraduates.

We are, good old Helen put me out of my misery there earlier :wink: delighted there are other grads, do we have a Facebook page?? Might be a good idea to set one up!! Il do it if there isn't one already!! Great way to meet our new class... How exciting!!
Reply 369
Original post by mm89
We are, good old Helen put me out of my misery there earlier :wink: delighted there are other grads, do we have a Facebook page?? Might be a good idea to set one up!! Il do it if there isn't one already!! Great way to meet our new class... How exciting!!

Agd created one for us (thanks again agd) just search for durham medicine freshers 2012
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 370
Original post by anoldbaby
Agd created one for us (thanks again agd) just search for durham medicine freshers 2012

I tried to find it but no joy!! Could u post a link???
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 371
Original post by mm89
I tried to find it but no joy!! Could u post a link???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261770790578199/
Reply 372
Original post by mm89

I'm a grad too!
Reply 373
Does anybody know what the cost of books will be the first year?
I was made an offer almost 3 weeks ago but have not received any correspondence from Durham Uni via email or post? Is this normal or not?
Original post by CdnBrad

They'll send you a list, eventually. Just don't go crazy, I don't have any books and get all mine from the library and it's not been a problem yet. Most people seem to loan most with one or two exceptions - almost everyone seems to own a copy of Gray's anatomy (but a lot of people find they prefer Moore's so, again, don't rush).
Reply 376
Unconditional firmed Durham. Feels so good! :biggrin:
Reply 377
Original post by CdnBrad

The books are pretty expensive (anywhere between 30-60 per book) and most of them you can get from the library, i bought a few before I came and one of them is pretty useless so it was a waste of money. You'll use grays alot so if you were to buy one before coming that would be the only one I would recommend, but I wouldnt say its important to really get any before coming. Like Blorcyn said, dont rush into anything
X
Reply 378
Original post by agd
The books are pretty expensive (anywhere between 30-60 per book) and most of them you can get from the library, i bought a few before I came and one of them is pretty useless so it was a waste of money. You'll use grays alot so if you were to buy one before coming that would be the only one I would recommend, but I wouldnt say its important to really get any before coming. Like Blorcyn said, dont rush into anything
X

Original post by Blorcyn
They'll send you a list, eventually. Just don't go crazy, I don't have any books and get all mine from the library and it's not been a problem yet. Most people seem to loan most with one or two exceptions - almost everyone seems to own a copy of Gray's anatomy (but a lot of people find they prefer Moore's so, again, don't rush).

Thanks! I wasn't looking to rush out and buy the books just writing up a budget.
hello - if anyone around still!
My son is thinking of Durham (in AS year - on course for A/A*)
was wondering if this is a good choice if he does alright in UKCAT :-S
how do they use GCSEs, PS etc?
thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending