The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

The Tannery 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by soami
I was in that flat! That room's massive, it gets pretty cold in winter. Bring lots of hoodies :biggrin:

really! ooo i like massive! haha ok plenty of hoodies. im guesing youre not allowed to bring plug in radiator things
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 81
Original post by alexpower
really! ooo i like massive! haha ok plenty of hoodies. im guesing youre not allowed to bring plug in radiator things

I have no clue, but I don't think anyone would notice if you did, to be honest! I had a thing that blew out hot air which worked very well, my room felt like a sauna for the most of winter :biggrin:

Also, some advice for everyone: bring cushions for the little sitting area in the kitchen; the sofas are really uncomfortable. And never, ever sit down hard in the middle of the sofas, there's some sort of bar there and it hurts a LOT.
Reply 82
Original post by soami
I have no clue, but I don't think anyone would notice if you did, to be honest! I had a thing that blew out hot air which worked very well, my room felt like a sauna for the most of winter :biggrin:

Also, some advice for everyone: bring cushions for the little sitting area in the kitchen; the sofas are really uncomfortable. And never, ever sit down hard in the middle of the sofas, there's some sort of bar there and it hurts a LOT.

sounds like an awkward sofa. Lol. Which block is the common room in?
Reply 84
Original post by dmz
sounds like an awkward sofa. Lol. Which block is the common room in?

Block B.
Reply 85
Original post by soami
Block B.

yay me :biggrin: lol
Reply 86
Really hope they give me a place in this accomm. I have my heart set on it... mainly because of the double bed :tongue:
Reply 87
anyone know when accomodation is allocated to those who now have a confirmed place?
Reply 88
Original post by King CalZ
anyone know when accomodation is allocated to those who now have a confirmed place?

Over the next few weeks, starting today, with the majority going out on Monday and then gradually up until the start of September :smile:
Reply 89
BLOCK A!

Oh yeah, I'm so happy. I'm on room 712E, I'm guessing that means a lot of stairs? FML, at least my ass will look fantastic by the end of the year.
Reply 90
I was just wondering - on the uni website it says we have IPTV in the tannery - what exactly is that??
Reply 91
I was just wondering - on the uni website it says we have IPTV in the tannery - what exactly is that??

It's basically online TV.
4OD, BBC Iplayer, etc are all IPTV. You can get specific services or boxes though. I didn't see this, if you send me a link I can have a look.

I'm guessing it basically means we can see TV on demand without paying TV Licenses but I'm not sure.
Reply 92
Original post by Soph.
It's basically online TV.
4OD, BBC Iplayer, etc are all IPTV. You can get specific services or boxes though. I didn't see this, if you send me a link I can have a look.

I'm guessing it basically means we can see TV on demand without paying TV Licenses but I'm not sure.

weird, i can't find it now. but on the Tannery page on the uni website there's a link to our internet package;
http://www.freewiretv.com/unite//

and on there it says something about having broadband, free tv and phonecalls
Reply 93
weird, i can't find it now. but on the Tannery page on the uni website there's a link to our internet package;
http://www.freewiretv.com/unite//

and on there it says something about having broadband, free tv and phonecalls

There ya go
Reply 94
Original post by Soph.
BLOCK A!

Oh yeah, I'm so happy. I'm on room 712E, I'm guessing that means a lot of stairs? FML, at least my ass will look fantastic by the end of the year.

hahaha got love that kinda thinking :wink:

reckon we'll be able to set up a router in our rooms?
Reply 95
Original post by dmz
hahaha got love that kinda thinking :wink:

reckon we'll be able to set up a router in our rooms?

I was thinking of this. I'm worried about being able to use Torrent clients.
Reply 96
Original post by Soph.
I was thinking of this. I'm worried about being able to use Torrent clients.

oh yer, that's gonna suck, i prefer my phone on wi fi in bed as well to laptop sometimes. Ha well
Reply 97
Original post by dmz
oh yer, that's gonna suck, i prefer my phone on wi fi in bed as well to laptop sometimes. Ha well

I thought we had wi-fi?

*groans*
Reply 98
Original post by Soph.

I'm in the tannery! G10E but i have no idea what that means. sounds high up haha.
Reply 99
Original post by Soph.
I thought we had wi-fi?

*groans*

i would love to be wrong! hope i am
Original post by khicks
I'm in the tannery! G10E but i have no idea what that means. sounds high up haha.

haha ground floor :P, room 1OE
which block?

Quick Reply

Latest