The Student Room Group

Student Finance form - Household income accident

I majorly screwed up my student finance form. I selected the "proceed using household income" option and now the system wants my parents to create accounts and provide all kinds of information.

I DO NOT want to have to go through this. I clicked the option somehow thinking at the time that it would improve my maintenance grant, but now it is throwing more hurdles for me to jump through I just wanna get the hell out and use the other option.

Please someone tell me they made the same mistake and that it can be undone. :frown:

How can I "undo" the household income selection?

This is a major screw up on my part. What an idiot! :mad:
If you do you will only get the minimum maintenance loan and no grant at all.
Well even so, I wasn't exactly thinking clearly when I was playing with the horizontal slider. I just wanna go backwards in the form, not too much to ask, right?

All I need to do is find the option. Up till I played with that slider and clicked without thinking I could go back to any previous point in the form and change anything. But I can't seem to get the same screen up with the income slider.

Come on. There's gonna be millions of people using that damned form, someone must have made the same dumb ass mistake I made.

Can I go back or have I just ruined my student finance application?
Reply 3
Try emailing support. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and haven't touched my application since, it sounds like a lot of hassle lol.
You can't go back to rectify this problem (I had it so I would know) however, I simply gave them a ring and the women gladly put me on hold for a moment before telling me that she'd fixed it and that it would take 1-2 hours to update. I went on and it took me back to the page with the slider.
Thanks for the help pinda.college. I'll give them a ring tomorrow then post back.
Reply 6
Hope you get your problem fixed :smile:
Im just wondering where was this income slider?? I don't recall seeing it :confused:
Worried that I've filled out something wrong now ><"
Damn, that was the most annoying phone call I have made in a while. They repeated the www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance over and over again in between leaving me on hold listening to some dull tune.

After four and a half minutes I decided what the hell, i'll ring them tommorow. It's not like I have to do it right now.

N.Amy, there was definitely a page with a household income slider. Don't know you missed it.
Reply 8
I'm very reluctant to call them now xD
Oh, I chose the income assessed option so I'm guessing thats why I didn't see it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending