The Student Room Group

Help GCSE FRENCH

Hi guys i really really need help for my French work!!!!

You see i have written this and i have done it again in French but i need it checked i need it done for tomorrow m8's i really need help if you could correct it for me etc pls reply soon or please PM me :smile:

Exercise is important for your health. In my opinion it helps you to keep in good form. It helps to keep your self-esteem. It is necessary because it keeps you healthy and you will be vigorous. Exercise can also help you to feel good about yourself. You will feel confident.

On doing exercise you have to make sure you warm up. It is necessary to wear the right type of clothes for when you exercise. You have to wear a tracksuit. It is a good idea to listen to music while exercising, as it is a good distraction. Swimming is an excellent type of exercise. It is necessary that you warm down so you do not damage any muscles.

When I am old enough I would love to go skydiving, as I have always wanted to feel like a bird. This is a dangerous sport but I am attracted to the excitement. I would like to live to my hearts content. Skydiving is quite expensive and so I think that I will have to save up first.

This is my french translation of my coursework pls help me check this:smile:

L'exercice est important pour votre santé. À mon avis il vous aide à maintenir dans la bonne forme. En outre je crois qu'il aide à maintenir votre amour-propre haut. L'exercice peut également vous aider à vous sentir bon au sujet de vous-même et de la sensation confident.On faisant l'exercice que vous devez vous assurer vous préchauffage. Il est nécessaire de porter le bon type de vêtements pour quand vous vous exercez. Vous devez porter un tracksuit. C'est une bonne idée d'écouter la musique tout en s'exerçant, en tant que lui est une bonne distraction. La natation est un excellent type d'exercice. Il est nécessaire que vous bas chaud ainsi vous n'endommage aucun muscles.When que je suis assez vieux j'aimerais aller skydiving, comme j'ai ai toujours voulu se sentir comme un oiseau. C'est un sport dangereux mais je suis attiré à l'excitation. Je voudrais vivre à mon contenu de coeurs. Skydiving est tout à fait cher et ainsi je pense que je dois économiser le premier haut.

:smile:
Latkan
Hi guys i really really need help for my French work!!!!

You see i have written this and i have done it again in French but i need it checked i need it done for tomorrow m8's i really need help if you could correct it for me etc pls reply soon or please PM me :smile:

Exercise is important for your health. In my opinion it helps you to keep in good form. It helps to keep your self-esteem. It is necessary because it keeps you healthy and you will be vigorous. Exercise can also help you to feel good about yourself. You will feel confident.

On doing exercise you have to make sure you warm up. It is necessary to wear the right type of clothes for when you exercise. You have to wear a tracksuit. It is a good idea to listen to music while exercising, as it is a good distraction. Swimming is an excellent type of exercise. It is necessary that you warm down so you do not damage any muscles.

When I am old enough I would love to go skydiving, as I have always wanted to feel like a bird. This is a dangerous sport but I am attracted to the excitement. I would like to live to my hearts content. Skydiving is quite expensive and so I think that I will have to save up first.

This is my french translation of my coursework pls help me check this:smile:

L'exercice est important pour votre santé. À mon avis il vous aide à maintenir dans la bonne forme. En outre je crois qu'il aide à maintenir votre amour-propre haut. L'exercice peut également vous aider à vous sentir bon au sujet de vous-même et de la sensation confident.On faisant l'exercice que vous devez vous assurer vous préchauffage. Il est nécessaire de porter le bon type de vêtements pour quand vous vous exercez. Vous devez porter un tracksuit. C'est une bonne idée d'écouter la musique tout en s'exerçant, en tant que lui est une bonne distraction. La natation est un excellent type d'exercice. Il est nécessaire que vous bas chaud ainsi vous n'endommage aucun muscles.When que je suis assez vieux j'aimerais aller skydiving, comme j'ai ai toujours voulu se sentir comme un oiseau. C'est un sport dangereux mais je suis attiré à l'excitation. Je voudrais vivre à mon contenu de coeurs. Skydiving est tout à fait cher et ainsi je pense que je dois économiser le premier haut.

:smile:

Sounds great but here you've put in an English word, lol, "When que je suis assez vieux j'aimerais aller skydiving", so that should be 'quand'. That's all I can pick up on I think!
Reply 2
Just firstly

À mon avis il vous aide à maintenir dans la bonne forme
should be
À mon avis il vous aide à maintenir en forme
Reply 3
You don't need an accent on "A mon avis". Capital letters don't require accents in french :smile:
Reply 4
When que je suis assez vieux j'aimerais aller skydiving, comme j'ai ai toujours voulu se sentir comme un oiseau.

Firstly the when/quand thing, and the "comme" sounds like it's been mistranslated, i would use parce que, car, or puisque.

and "j'ai ai"?
Reply 5
It's more natural in French to say 'L'exercise c'est important...'.
The accent on the 'A' of avis is not mandatory -you can chose to have it or not, most French usually leave it off because they're lazy.
Also although we use 'you' in English to mean 'one' the French always use 'on'. So 'L'exercice est important pour votre santé' ought to be made impersonal and changed to 'L'exercice c'est important pour la santé.'
This should be changed elsewhere in the text too:
maintenir son amour-propre haut', 'Au sujet de soi-même' etc.
Other than that main point of changing the 'vous's to 'on's your piece is brilliant!
I cold never have written such a good piece, brilliant use of vocabulary such as ainsi etc. Overall Excellant! Well done!
maclin
It's more natural in French to say 'L'exercise c'est important...'.
The accent on the 'A' of avis is not mandatory -you can chose to have it or not, most French usually leave it off because they're lazy.
Also although we use 'you' in English to mean 'one' the French always use 'on'. So 'L'exercice est important pour votre santé' ought to be made impersonal and changed to 'L'exercice c'est important pour la santé.'
This should be changed elsewhere in the text too:
maintenir son amour-propre haut', 'Au sujet de soi-même' etc.
Other than that main point of changing the 'vous's to 'on's your piece is brilliant!
I cold never have written such a good piece, brilliant use of vocabulary such as ainsi etc. Overall Excellant! Well done!

accent on the "A" of avis?? it doesn't have one!
linguist786
accent on the "A" of avis?? it doesn't have one!

He meant as in "A mon avis", which, if was all in lower case would be mon avis".
lil_sweetie
He meant as in "A mon avis", which, if was all in lower case would be mon avis".

hehe i thought so! although i just thought i'd say summat to make him think "oh crap yeh he's right!"

anyway i was taught that when in lower case, the "a" does need an accent (à) but when the "a" is a capital, you can choose whether you want to have it or not, but is by no means necessary.

Latest

Trending

Trending