The Student Room Group

HL Physics Paper 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
...I think I did something really stupid and missed out a page.

I did B1, and I SWEAR I wrote right up until I saw the bold 'B2', and I checked multiple times. HOWEVER, my friend who did the exam also did B1 and he says that the escape velocity question (and a graph or something) was part of B1 too... Which I don't think I did. x_X

Can anyone else who did B1 remember what the last question was?
Original post by ArunCage
I got something around 6% too! I remember sitting there thinking that seemed way too low.

I thought Section A on the paper was slightly harder than usual and got a bit stuck on a couple. Personally, I found it tough choosing the Section B questions, ended up going for B2 and B3 which, looking back, I'd say were pretty okay.

Paper 1 was quite nice, though there were some that required a bit of thought (which is a perfectly reasonable request in an exam I guess). There was that one with the electron moving into an electric field - anyone else put that it's path would be parabolic?

Looking at the some of the posts above, the physics grade boundaries don't look too horrendous - quite reassuring really.

Yay! :biggrin: Yeah the electron was the only one which I was unsure of (the last question and the dam question I made educated guesses which turned out to be correct :wink:), I was thinking either towards v or parabolic.

Original post by k3ro
...I think I did something really stupid and missed out a page.

I did B1, and I SWEAR I wrote right up until I saw the bold 'B2', and I checked multiple times. HOWEVER, my friend who did the exam also did B1 and he says that the escape velocity question (and a graph or something) was part of B1 too... Which I don't think I did. x_X

Can anyone else who did B1 remember what the last question was?

Yeah there was a gravitation part in B1 :/ Graph and some questions on total energy and escape speed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by GlibByNature
Yeah there was a gravitation part in B1 :/ Graph and some questions on total energy and escape speed.

****. How many marks did I miss?
Original post by k3ro
****. How many marks did I miss?

It was around a third or a quarter of B1. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Reply 24
Original post by GlibByNature
It was around a third or a quarter of B1. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ugh. Oh well.
Reply 25
Original post by Blazara
You're one re-assuring man <3.

Paper 1: 7 = 34-40, 6 = 30-33.
Paper 2: 7 = 61-95 (!), 6 = 51-60
Paper 3: 7 = 38-60 (!!!), 6 = 32-37
CW: 7 = 39 -48 [OH DEAR GOD?!], 6 = 34-38

Final Percentage: 7 = 72-100, 6 = 61-71

ah thanks! i dont see myslef getting a 7 in my labs and p1.. now its goin to be tricky.. sighh.. imperial..
Reply 26
I thought both papers were quite tricky...even though I've always struggled with Physics, it just seemed quite bad.
Reply 27
Original post by cooldude93
ah thanks! i dont see myslef getting a 7 in my labs and p1.. now its goin to be tricky.. sighh.. imperial..

Hey fellow Imperial IB-er, sorry if you're actually on the IB imperial thread and I haven't realised...what subject are you doing?

Do you need a 6 or a 7 in Physics??

And do you think if ALL the Imperial IBers epicly fail they'll let us in anyway?
Reply 28
Original post by ArunCage
I got something around 6% too! I remember sitting there thinking that seemed way too low.

I thought Section A on the paper was slightly harder than usual and got a bit stuck on a couple. Personally, I found it tough choosing the Section B questions, ended up going for B2 and B3 which, looking back, I'd say were pretty okay.

Paper 1 was quite nice, though there were some that required a bit of thought (which is a perfectly reasonable request in an exam I guess). There was that one with the electron moving into an electric field - anyone else put that it's path would be parabolic?

Looking at the some of the posts above, the physics grade boundaries don't look too horrendous - quite reassuring really.

I thought it was parabolic!
Reply 29
Original post by Blazara
I thought it was parabolic!

I didn't! Woops! :redface:
Reply 30
Original post by alexmsf
I did TZ1. I never had a problem with Physics, so I can't really tell if it was easy or hard. I got to say, the section B in Paper 2 was... peculiar, I did B1 and B2, and the only sub-question I didn't answer was something about the total pressure exerted by the photons incident on a CCD in one second, but I picked B1 since the second half was about oscillations, which were easy.

Also, for anyone doing Astrophysics in P3. Was ANYONE expecting that first question? It was ridiculously easy!

EDIT: Forgot to add, Paper 2 Section A seemed harder than the average section A, but it was manageable.

The first question in astro was 4 marks given away. Any kid under the age if 7 can get it.
Reply 31
I always got perfect labs, but I utterly failed paper 2. Paper 3 (relativity/particle phys) was easy for me and paper 1 was good.
Reply 32
Original post by bluesky42
I didn't! Woops! :redface:

yeah it is parabolic....
Reply 33
Original post by bluesky42
Hey fellow Imperial IB-er, sorry if you're actually on the IB imperial thread and I haven't realised...what subject are you doing?

Do you need a 6 or a 7 in Physics??

And do you think if ALL the Imperial IBers epicly fail they'll let us in anyway?

Yeah i got an offer for Aeronautical.. 775 phy HL Math Hl and Eng SL...39 overall. I should get it for math and physics but i m woried about physics
1 My paper 2 was heaven.. like 80+,.. but others may pull me down.. sigh i hope they do! But, i m assuming that this happens every year!
God, this paper raped me. People are complaining here about missing their 7s, while i'm worried I may not even make my 5...
Reply 35
Looking at the gradeboundaries hopefully I got a 5 =))) hahaha.
just a tad bit concerned that i have to sit this paper next year.
Reply 37
vcbc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending