The Student Room Group

Sevenoaks School sixth form entrance

Heyy, I just finished my scuences and math sl exam for the sevenoaks sixth form entry and I think I did bad in both😭 I was just wondering if there were students who also ****ed the exam but got accepted through the interview process?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm also looking to apply for sixth form at sevenoaks for 2023 so if anyone has any advice as my entrance exams will be this upcoming October, pls lmk
Reply 2
i have my sevenoaks exam this saturday, did you end up getting in? and how was the exam? ive seen the 2022 past papers they gave us and they seem kinda hard
Reply 3
Original post by aok47
i'm also looking to apply for sixth form at sevenoaks for 2023 so if anyone has any advice as my entrance exams will be this upcoming October, pls lmk

Were the entrance exmasa hard? the maths paper? what maths topic were on the paper? tyty
Reply 4
Original post by hii_
Were the entrance exmasa hard? the maths paper? what maths topic were on the paper? tyty

im not very good at maths, and it was genuinely fine, i did minimal preparation for the maths exam i mainly focused on the science paper. their SL maths is multiple choice and its just a range of topics from the iGCSE edexcel exam board so there's lots of topics like algebra, trigonometry, there was some inequalities and one functions question on there. all the questions are worth one mark and theres only 15 questions and you are allowed a calculator.

science im not the best at either but it was genuinely fine, u do a paper with all three sciences but u choose two. i originally planned to do bio and physics since i suck at chemistry but i found the chemistry questions easy when i went into the exam so i did bio and chem. biology was about photosynthesis, respiration and enzymes and chemistry was balancing equations and talking about an experiment.

then theres the english paper, i did SL and it was just a few questions about a passage, essentially unseen prose kind of thing and then the humanities/thinking skills paper and i did the economics section, and there was a passage and a few questions on it and then i had to write an essay about the impacts of banning alchohol.

overall, it was genuinely fine!
Reply 5
Omg!!! Thank you SO much for this!! <3333
Reply 6
Did you get in Sevenoaks by any chance ? And what score did you get on the tests? I’m trying to get into Sevenoaks 2024 sixth form
Reply 7
Original post by aok47
i have my sevenoaks exam this saturday, did you end up getting in? and how was the exam? ive seen the 2022 past papers they gave us and they seem kinda hard

hii i am applying tgo seevenoaks 2024, would you mind sending me the papers if you still have them?
Reply 8
Original post by Pirate4
hii i am applying tgo seevenoaks 2024, would you mind sending me the papers if you still have them?

hi may i ask if you got into sevenoaks
Reply 9
Original post by njefiqn
hi may i ask if you got into sevenoaks

hii sure , I didnt , wbu?
Reply 10
Original post by Pirate4
hii sure , I didnt , wbu?

i got waitlisted :frown:((
Reply 11
Original post by njefiqn
i got waitlisted :frown:((

ohhh well i hope you get in !! lmk if you do
Reply 12
Original post by Pirate4
ohhh well i hope you get in !! lmk if you do

hiii which entrance exam/(s) did u think were the hardest? i was stumped by the science and english questions haha
Reply 13
Original post by njefiqn
hiii which entrance exam/(s) did u think were the hardest? i was stumped by the science and english questions haha

Hiii omgg same , I did ask them why I didnt get in and apparently it was because of the science and english test
Reply 14
Original post by Pirate4
Hiii omgg same , I did ask them why I didnt get in and apparently it was because of the science and english test

ughhhh nooo it was so hard, also the maths hl one (idk if u took it but i almost died doing it...)
may i know which other ones u did (eg. chem?)
Reply 15
Original post by njefiqn
ughhhh nooo it was so hard, also the maths hl one (idk if u took it but i almost died doing it...)

hey i also applied for sevenoaks 2024! the maths hl paper i think i only got max 10/30 marks cus it was so hard. english for me was ok cus it was on a book i read for english class but the science paper was a bit…
Reply 16
Original post by sn0403
hey i also applied for sevenoaks 2024! the maths hl paper i think i only got max 10/30 marks cus it was so hard. english for me was ok cus it was on a book i read for english class but the science paper was a bit…

omggg thats so gooddd did u get accepted
Reply 17
Original post by njefiqn
omggg thats so gooddd did u get accepted

i actually did get in!! i was very shocked lol considering i did pretty bad in the interview compared to everyone else 😭 may i ask if you're an international candidate or uk?
Reply 18
Original post by sn0403
i actually did get in!! i was very shocked lol considering i did pretty bad in the interview compared to everyone else 😭 may i ask if you're an international candidate or uk?

ohhhh then i think they probably look at entrance exam results more
im an international candidate from hk haha
Reply 19
Original post by njefiqn

i took SL math , and HL english ( which apparently i sucked at ) and then for science physics and biology and humanities art and economics, i took 4 cause i was pretty unsure on what to do and i just had some extra time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending