The Student Room Group

Methods in context and methods a2 sociology aqa

I am soo confused on this section!!!
i dont understand what research methods i need to learn with the strenghs and limitations and how thats different to As.

I saw last years 33 marker was explain teh ways in which a researcher chooses dif research methods n it looked impossible!
Reply 1
It basically requires you to have a greater depth of knowledge and more purpose in application to the area you need to answer

You should be able to get the mark scheme off the AQA website - which states whats required to achieve top marks

All the best
Reply 2
Original post by kingoftv
I am soo confused on this section!!!
i dont understand what research methods i need to learn with the strenghs and limitations and how thats different to As.

I saw last years 33 marker was explain teh ways in which a researcher chooses dif research methods n it looked impossible!

I think you need to learn all research methods from AQA textbook for methods and contexts, and a couple of reasons adv/disad.
For theory and methods - you need to go deeper into the methods and revise the section of the book on just methods. It is asking you for methods generally, DONT relate it back to Crime. You should though include Positivist/Interpretivist if methods come up as a 33 marker
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Daniel123
I think you need to learn all research methods from AQA textbook for methods and contexts, and a couple of reasons adv/disad.
For theory and methods - you need to go deeper into the methods and revise the section of the book on just methods. It is asking you for methods generally, DONT relate it back to Crime. You should though include Positivist/Interpretivist if methods come up as a 33 marker
Hope that helps :smile:

Conversely, I'd argue application can be good for demonstrating your points. That's not to say positivism, social policy shouldn't be added but I think it's bad advice to suggest not to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending